Recovery of formatted data from HDD

Shivank
Go to solution Solved by asus killer,

you can do it, there are good programs out there to do it or you can hand it over to a company specialized in doing it.

Hi guys 

I just ran into a trouble I was installing windows on my PC and I accidentally  formated the HDD is there any possible way to recover data the main problem is that the drive has no  Windows on it 

I've saw Linus's video but got confused cause the drive has no operating system on it 

Please help 

12 minutes ago, Shivank said:

Hi guys 

I just ran into a trouble I was installing windows on my PC and I accidentally  formated the HDD is there any possible way to recover data the main problem is that the drive has no  Windows on it 

I've saw Linus's video but got confused cause the drive has no operating system on it 

Please help 

HOw did you format it?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

you can do it, there are good programs out there to do it or you can hand it over to a company specialized in doing it.

Can u please get me the names of those programs

Just now, Shivank said:

Can u please get me the names of those programs

i've done it once a long time ago, i don't even remember the name. Try googling it and find out what is the best and that you can afford or go for a free one.

Just don't do nothing in that drive until you figure out what to do as writing over the data will then make recovery much harder if not impossible.

10 minutes ago, asus killer said:

i've done it once a long time ago, i don't even remember the name. Try googling it and find out what is the best and that you can afford or go for a free one.

Just don't do nothing in that drive until you figure out what to do as writing over the data will then make recovery much harder if not impossible.

Thanks men

I've googled it and found a software name easeus so can you just tell me is it reliable or not 

2 minutes ago, Shivank said:

Thanks men

I've googled it and found a software name easeus so can you just tell me is it reliable or not 

sorry but there i can't really help, try and read about what's the best software or wait for someone more into it.

Recuva will do that...  Just plug the drive in to another computer and get the program to do a deep scan.  It's free and you'll be able to recover loads of the 'lost' files.  be aware that it'll also show up stuff you've deleted if it's not been overwritten

3 hours ago, Shivank said:

Thanks men

ZAR.

Zero Assumption Recovery.

Hands-down the best package available.

Not free, but so worth it (I used it as a professional, never let me down)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

22 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

ZAR.

Zero Assumption Recovery.

Hands-down the best package available.

Not free, but so worth it (I used it as a professional, never let me down)

THANKS for helping me man 

much appreciating 

I've used TestDisk before to recover a RAW partition, but I'm not sure if it's effective at recovering data from an overwritten partition.

(as some back up, formatting the drive doesn't erase the data, it just rewrites the partition information and the partition information claims the HDD is blank)