windows 8.1 will not boot the 2nd time

TastyMidget
Go to solution Solved by TastyMidget,

sorry guys too late friend just texted me that he fixed it... dont know how but he did...

but thanks for the help Ionbasa and Name Taken

ok here's a little intro to what happened, you can skip to the 2nd paragraph to read the problem.

>helping friend build new high end PC. with ROG impact, MSI 780, and a 120mm AIO watercooling thing. total pain to install into the corsair 350d and the corsair RM750 PSU has missing pins (got super paranoid, but later figure out that it was normal)

>cant install one of the GPU bracket screw... spend half an hour gettin it in there

>found out that his copy of windows 7 was just an upgrade.

>go to find a copy of windows 8.1, went to best buy.....no one helped us

>then went to game stop, a windows store at the mall, office max, target... none of them had windows 8.1 full version in stock...

>went back to best buy, waited for 20 mins for the people there to get their shit together, then finally got windows 8.1

>went back to his place installed windows 8.1. INSTALLED :D (took 4 hours to built his computer and 2.5 to get a copy of windows 8.1)

>1st boot awesome everything was fine installed nvidia drivers

>then restart computer.... give me the windows 8 logo and spiny ball thing... then showed blue screen... tried formatting the HDD and then re-install the the OS... did this 3 times all failed 2nd boot after installing nvidia drivers.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM:

my friends PC wont boot for the 2nd time. IT WILL install windows 8.1 and then show me windows. But after I install the nvida drivers from the nvidia's website and reboot computer, it will show me the windows logo then go to a navy blue screen, no text just blue(note this is not the blue screen of death blue, it's the blue my friend picked for his windows 8 color scheme).

I formatted the drive 2 times and re-install windows 2 times, it will always install windows normally, but when i install the nvidia drivers and restart the computer, it just wont boot to windows desktop, it would just show me a dark blue screen with no text.

WHAT DO I DO NOW?

SPECS:

MSI 780

ROG IMPACT

WD 1TB HDD

INTEL 4670k

where is PC settings?

PC settings > Update and recovery > Recovery > Advanced startup > Restart now

cant find the option

Try holding down shift while repeatedly tapping F8 on boot up.

Also some food for thought:

Update the BIOS/UEFI. 

Make sure drives are set to AHCI mode.

Boot only in UEFI mode and re-install windows.

Don't download the Nvidia drivers, see if windows update can find it.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

sorry guys too late friend just texted me that he fixed it... dont know how but he did...

but thanks for the help Ionbasa and Name Taken

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.