Case problem - masterbox 5

Ubech

Hello, I have an issue I'm not too sure of with my case and that's the fan mounted position is the highest it will go on the masterbox 5 blowing wind to the bottom half of the cpu & ram. Not over it. Will this pose a problem for overclocking and regular temperatures? Should I be looking at another case?

1 minute ago, Ubech said:

Hello, I have an issue I'm not too sure of with my case and that's the fan mounted position is the highest it will go on the masterbox 5 blowing wind to the bottom half of the cpu & ram. Not over it. Will this pose a problem for overclocking and regular temperatures? Should I be looking at another case?

No, it will not be a problem

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

44 minutes ago, Ubech said:

If it's the case I think it is. I had one and I ended up using zip-ties to put a fan above the other two in the front. I did it mostly for aesthetic reasons but also because I had a fourth fan and I wanted all of them. If the rest of your system is mostly closed (PSU fan pointing down), then the bottom two will be just fine. 

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

On 8/13/2018 at 2:46 PM, TVwazhere said:

No, it will not be a problem

Isn't the fan suppose to blow over the cpu and ram? Since it's blowing directly I don't think the cpu and ram are getting enough fresh air? I've seen most cases like this that have 5.25' drive cages. I dont know if they're ok for airflow.

On 8/13/2018 at 3:31 PM, Unimaginative Name said:

If it's the case I think it is. I had one and I ended up using zip-ties to put a fan above the other two in the front. I did it mostly for aesthetic reasons but also because I had a fourth fan and I wanted all of them. If the rest of your system is mostly closed (PSU fan pointing down), then the bottom two will be just fine. 

This is the case https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119314

41 minutes ago, Ubech said:

Yes, I had this case. I zip tied a third fan to the top slot for aesthetic purposes. 

As long as there is airflow going into and out of the case is a more or less fluid manner, there shouldn't be an issue. There won't be an issue. The air, which is a fluid, will more or less enter through the bottom and middle, but get sucked up toward the top exhaust fan and to the CPU cooler. Your RAM, VRMs, and CPU will be more than sufficiently cooled by just those two fans. Your CPU cooler fan (as long as it's a tower) will also work to suck air directly from the outside, especially if there is an open gap.

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB