HELP OS IS MESSED UP

Go to solution Solved by NelizMastr,

Do you have any USB storage media connected? If so, remove them. If that doesn't help, take out the GPU. Garbled text is usually a memory problem, often video memory. 

i was scrolling through some files when my computer screen glitched out and cam back but when it cam back the icons on the screen were big and blurry and the mouse cursor was way too big for normal so i went to look at the mouse settings and see if the cursor size got turned up some how, which it said it was on the normal (lowest) setting, i said ok and went to geforce expirience because its been a while since i updated my drivers, so i went into geforce and by no suprise it told me there was an update so one i updated the screens blacked out and came back and when they did the problem still occurred, not to mention it says its running at  3840x2160 (4.00x). and then when i restart the pc it goes throught the boot process but goes to some wierd letters which i took a picture of (will be on the page somewhere) the only thing i can do is restart it again which seems to work.5b71927a85055_20180812_2255161.thumb.jpg.25bb2ea208ecb4d65d6edefd7eea7795.jpg. so im stuck and i dont have the option to reset my os because the computer is shared with my father which has alot and i mean alot of important files on the drives. 

thank you-

rusti2god 

Do you have any USB storage media connected? If so, remove them. If that doesn't help, take out the GPU. Garbled text is usually a memory problem, often video memory. 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

ok i did that and it did seem to work thankyou, but i have one question, because this is a "gaming pc" and also a work rig for my father how can i fix the gpu problem?

2 minutes ago, rusti2god said:

ok i did that and it did seem to work thankyou, but i have one question, because this is a "gaming pc" and also a work rig for my father how can i fix the gpu problem?

Try removing the Nvidia drivers using DDU, then plug the GPU back in and do a fresh install of the latest Nvidia drivers. If the problem persists, repeat but use older drivers. Still an issue? GPU broken.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

Just now, NelizMastr said:

Try removing the Nvidia drivers using DDU, then plug the GPU back in and do a fresh install of the latest Nvidia drivers. If the problem persists, repeat but use older drivers. Still an issue? GPU broken.

ok thank you so much ill keep you posted

39 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

ok done and done eveything is working as it should from what i can tell thank you so much again can thank you enough

You are outside of Windows, or in Windows boot loader stage

The broken characters means that your GPU memory is faulty.

Try a different GPU, or use your Intel integrated graphics solution if you have one