LG G5 severely underrated?

atavax

I've had this phone for about a year now, and couldn't be happier with it.

It has a replacable battery and replacable bottom/charging port, which for me at least, are the two main things that force me to buy a new phone. It has expanable storage, and is decently powerful with a decent screen and camera. And while not razer thin, it is easy to hold in my hand, which can't be said about a lot of modern flagships with larger screens. Plus its dirt cheap for a smartphone. But somehow it was a flop? Because it doesn't look sleek even though most people put their phones in cases? I get it not being popular for people that want the newest, most powerful phone with the best looking screen, and best camera, but i don't get why for the average person, we're not seeing better adoption of phones with more consumer friendly features.

well, it was overrated in my opinion when it launched. The "modding" wasn't thought through, the build quality was bad for a flaggship (some edges didn't fit properly, etc etc), it wasn't waterproof like the S7, Camera was worse (but it had a Wideangle lens), the Battery is replaceable, but quite small. 

Camera was not the best 2 year s ago, and by far it's not the best today^^ not saying it's unuseable bad. But there were better ones.

From it's size, it's almost the same dimensions as the S7 Edge, which has:

- in Europe the better CPU. Exynos 8890 > Snapdragon 820 (better CPU performance, better power efficiency)

- 3600 mAh battery vs. 2800. Beeing replaceble doesn't help it at all getting through the day.

Most people don't want to keep 2 batteries charged at the same time. Or charge the phone, change battery, and charge again. it's annoying, so this is more a niche. For example, i have never once replaced the battery of any of my phones, even thinking back to my first one, Nokia 3210.

- Bigger screen with similar size = smaller bezels

- much better build quality. 

- IP68 rating vs. none

- better Screen. Not just because Oled > IPS.

Oh yea, the phone is supposed to be out of metal.. but you're not touching metal. You're touching a layer of paint.

And from today's standpoints: it's eol, no reason to buy a Phone anymore, that was at best above average when it launched - think about future Updates.

Example, why buy this phone? If you could get a Xiaomi A2 (Android One program), Nokia 7 Plus, BQ X2 (pro), Xiaomi Mi8 a Oneplus, etc etc.

Or a Xiaomi Note 5, that will do just fine for anyone who doesn't need the newst, fastest flaggship - but comes with a huge 4000 mAh battery. I would take that over a small (but replaceable) 2800 mAh anytime of the day