Half Life

cjeffcoatjr

About to get Half Life 2 on steam, do I need to have played Ha;f Life to understand the story line? Are the two episodes worth it?

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

You can get Black Mesa for free. It's a remake of number one with HL2's graphics.

I suggest you get that and play it though. It isn't absolutely required, but it does connect via understanding the setting and some references in the story.

I haven't played the 2 episodes, but have them anyways because they came together. I hear they are decent and interesting to play though.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

Just get the Half-Life Complete pack for 7€. Definitely worth it.

No, because I have about $17 left on my steam wallet, and I was going to get HL2 and Metro: LL. Those two together cost $16.08.

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

The Half Life series is amazing. I highly recommend playing all of them in order.

post-3189-0-15291700-1388515040_thumb.jp

Gordon Freeman approves this message :P

*sorry he's sideways. Something to do with my phone*

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

You can get Black Mesa for free. It's a remake of number one with HL2's graphics.

I suggest you get that and play it though. It isn't absolutely required, but it does connect via understanding the setting and some references in the story.

I haven't played the 2 episodes, but have them anyways because they came together. I hear they are decent and interesting to play though.

HL2 is downloaded, where do I get Black Mesa?

HL2 is downloaded, where do I get Black Mesa?

http://www.gamefront.com/black-mesa-is-live-download-it-here/

Make sure you download all the parts.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

It's nice to have it played, although Half Life 2's story isn't extremely related to HL1's story, it's nice to have it played to understand back story as well.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3