Remap Windows key

brtol

I hate the windows key... Is there any way to remap the windows key on my laptop to the search function? Like remap the windows key to what is now a shortcut as Windows key + S.

If you're on win10 you can just start typing to search once you press the windows key? You don't actually have to go to search. 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

2 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

If you're on win10 you can just start typing to search once you press the windows key? You don't actually have to go to search. 

I used to be able to do that. But since the last update (I guess?), I can't start typing after pressing the Windows key... I have to click the search icon or windows key+S first

follow these steps: 

open application 'run' 

Type in Services.msc

Look for windows search

Make sure it is set to automatically start up

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.