Planning a watercooling

Hi guys, I am planning on custom watercooling my PC with hardline tubes. I have never done custom watercooling so I would like to know if you guys got some tips for me.

I will do it in the Cougar Conquer case, will watercool both my CPU (i7 7700K), GPU (gtx 1080) and motherboard (MSI Z270 SLI Plus) with a monoblock.

I was wondering if there is a recomendation between bends and angled fittings. And do you guys know any tips for saving a buck?

For know I've got most of my parts from EKWB: 

1-240mm radiator

1-360mm radiator

1-CPU/MB monoblock

1-GPU block

3 meters of 10/12mm hard line tube

10- G1/4 fittings

and got a pump/rez combo from XSPC on amazon

Liquid will be Primochill vue premix with primoprep (gray)

5 fans Be quiet BL046 pure wings 2

Some RGB of course

Got some custom PSU cables from CableMod

Thanks for any help

Fans and a hub for them, coolant/biocide and a temp sensor would be good additions.  

I just finished my mono block set up but used soft tubing.  I kept having to order things I wasn't thinking about and it delayed me a couple days.  I'd make a definitive list and get everything together to avoid downtime.

5 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Fans and a hub for them, coolant/biocide and a temp sensor would be good additions.  

I just finished my mono block set up but used soft tubing.  I kept having to order things I wasn't thinking about and it delayed me a couple days.  I'd make a definitive list and get everything together to avoid downtime.

Yeah i've planned that just didn't think it was relevant. Imma ad it to the list up there thanks 

soft tubing will save you a lot of time and money, and it still looks really good. Angled fittings will save you a lot of time if you're going with hard tubing but also run your bill up a bit

3 minutes ago, Derrk said:

soft tubing will save you a lot of time and money, and it still looks really good. Angled fittings will save you a lot of time if you're going with hard tubing but also run your bill up a bit

Yeah I know soft tubing will be easier but I really want the style and look of hardline...

2 minutes ago, Pyrofunto said:

Yeah i've planned that just didn't think it was relevant. Imma ad it to the list up there thanks 

I figured, but wanted to make sure.  Once you start taking stuff apart you can get in the weeds pretty quick.

I have 2 90 degree fittings, 1 T and a drain.  Everything else is a regular fitting, but then again I am soft tube so it's easier to make connections.

All of my fittings are bitspower and worked perfectly, so far...

I bought pretty much everything from Amazon except the block which was out of stock.  New Egg had it for the same price so I got it there.

GOOD LUCK!

1 minute ago, Pyrofunto said:

Yeah I know soft tubing will be easier but I really want the style and look of hardline...

In which case, it depends on how comfortable you are making bends. Angled fittings (especially 90) can be your best friend.

That first fill is a nice feeling

I'd also recommend adding a drain valve. Just makes life a heck of a lot easier. If you want to add one, you'd probably want at least 2 more fittings

47 minutes ago, Pyrofunto said:

If you want to save a buck, don't risk it with Vue.

I think you would benefit from drawing out some bend plans because getting the core components are easy, but its in the fittings and bends where the subtleties of hardline cooling come in.

4 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

I figured, but wanted to make sure.  Once you start taking stuff apart you can get in the weeds pretty quick.

I have 2 90 degree fittings, 1 T and a drain.  Everything else is a regular fitting, but then again I am soft tube so it's easier to make connections.

All of my fittings are bitspower and worked perfectly, so far...

I bought pretty much everything from Amazon except the block which was out of stock.  New Egg had it for the same price so I got it there.

GOOD LUCK!

4 hours ago, Derrk said:

I'd also recommend adding a drain valve. Just makes life a heck of a lot easier. If you want to add one, you'd probably want at least 2 more fittings

Thanks, I will add a drain valve somewhere that is a good idea.

3 hours ago, For Science! said:

If you want to save a buck, don't risk it with Vue.

I think you would benefit from drawing out some bend plans because getting the core components are easy, but its in the fittings and bends where the subtleties of hardline cooling come in.

I know they are quite expensive but it is really beautiful and I absolutely wanted to use that one before even knowing I was going to do a liquid cooling.

Thanks to yu all for all the help :)

2 hours ago, Pyrofunto said:

-

The reason why it'll save you money is because the Vue will precipitate and clog your blocks after a few days if you're unlucky and a few months if you're lucky. Then you will have to dissassemble everything and the clean all your components and then spend more money on a more sensible coolant.

17 hours ago, For Science! said:

The reason why it'll save you money is because the Vue will precipitate and clog your blocks after a few days if you're unlucky and a few months if you're lucky. Then you will have to dissassemble everything and the clean all your components and then spend more money on a more sensible coolant.

Agree with For Science. Vue looks nice at first, but will break down fairly quickly. It won't look as pretty & will potentially gunk up your waterblocks