It went bye bye...

cjeffcoatjr

I have a Microsoft Wireless Desktop Keyboard 2000 and Mouse combo unit that I got from Fry's about a month ago. Everything worked fine on it until about 15 minutes ago. The dongle just gave up. At first windows said it couldn't install drivers, then the usb device was not recognized, and now it wont gimmie nothin. Is it dead? Do I need a replacement? I really need to use it, as this PS2 keyboard I had laying in storage and am typing this on will drive me crazy...

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Try replacing the batteries

I will in the morning. Its 1AM here, and the batteries are downstairs... And I have a hound dog...

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Try replacing the batteries

Didn't work...

Didn't work...

Did you try a different USB port?

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Did you try a different USB port?

Yep. Tried them all.

Yep. Tried them all.

Have you tried a different computer? If it doesn't work there then it's probably dead.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

Try downloading lates drivers from Microsoft support site. Its called Intellipoint something. Install them first and connect devices after installtion says so. Unless manual clearly says that it must be done otherwise. I remember having way too much trouble with my old Logitech set and bit less with this MS wired. If the receiver has some button to use pair devices try that couple times.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Try downloading lates drivers from Microsoft support site. Its called Intellipoint something. Install them first and connect devices after installtion says so. Unless manual clearly says that it must be done otherwise. I remember having way too much trouble with my old Logitech set and bit less with this MS wired. If the receiver has some button to use pair devices try that couple times.

I have the latest drivers, and there is no physical receiver button

Have you tried a different computer? If it doesn't work there then it's probably dead.

Trying that now

This is WHY U NEVER GET WIRELESS!

jk

reinstall the driver? Latest is 8.2.

If nothing then it's probably dead...

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)