Is my PC configuration bottlenecking?

Hello, 

What i want to do with my system is gaming in 3440x1440p (21:9). My configuration would be: A ryzen 5 2600x, 16GB (2x8GB) RAM and a 1080ti. (I'd go with the 2600x because i do some rendering and editing) So is my ryzen bottlenecking the 1080ti? 

(I didn't know at wich topic i should put this post so i put it here)

1 minute ago, VinzHD said:

Hello, 

What i want to do with my system is gaming in 3440x1440p (21:9). My configuration would be: A ryzen 5 2600x, 16GB (2x8GB) RAM and a 1080ti. (I'd go with the 2600x because i do some rendering and editing) So is my ryzen bottlenecking the 1080ti? 

At that resolution it will be more GPU bound than CPU. I wouldn't worry about it. 

6 minutes ago, VinzHD said:

Hello, 

It should be perfectly fine but maybe put a slight overclock on the ryzen (4.0-4.2) and put an xmp profile maybe around the 3000mhz. if you want to go all out slightly overclock the gpu too.

If you are going to OC, I'm using a R7 2700X and can reach 4.2 GHz at 1.35V. Just remember not all CPU'S can do this. But for a R5 2600X, you should easily hit 4 GHz at 1.35V and 4.2 GHz at the same voltage if you won the silicon lottery. 

Your ryzen is bottlenecking your GPU at lower resolutions but at that resolution it isn't bottlenecking. Maybe even your GPU is the bottleneck at that res

1 hour ago, VinzHD said:

Hello, 

it all depends on what games you gonna play,i have both 1700x(4.0) and 8600k(4.8) ryzen will bottleneck (<60fps)(at 1440p on a rx580!) on many games like PUBG(its better than it used to be tho,Stellaris,any mmo except warframe. any Total war game and others... 

im not saying intel wont bottleneck caus my intel is bottlenecking on No mans sky @50-60fps ....but if you want to make sure you got the best machine to combat bad optimized games you gotta go Intel and Nvidia... especially if you are looking to play  sandbox games ,or games that are beta/alpha etc from steam i.e. Unreal engine games.

Those two are fine together. The higher resolutions are going to be dependent on your GPU.

hi.