Need advice for a good casing.

So I've been using a Corair Air 740 almost a Year now. I'm thinking of switching to a new casing. Problem is I'm having a hard time to find a good casing to proeprly house my system. As you see this is how I set up at the moment. Temps are fine both GPU and CPU ( so far ) but I think it can be better. For now I think there are a lot of heat being trap under the GPU. As I put my hand inside my case I can feel hot air accumilating underneath the GPU while the top part if the case near CPU area is really cool. 

I've always wonder is it normal for my GPU shroud to be so hot ? I mean it's really hot that I can't even touch it. It actually will burn my finger if I hold it there for too long. 

I've thought if mounting the Rad on the top front but then all the hot air be dumping directly into my CPU cooler. 

The best soulution I can think of it's maybe swap out my CPU air cooler for an AIO water one. So I would mount my GPU Rad on the rear as exhaust , and my CPU Rad on top as exhaust as well, the front for Intake. 

I would still prefer air cooler for my CPU anyone got any good advice where to mount my GPU Rad if so ? And a good casing to go with it. 

IMG_20180804_191528.jpg

Hi there you have a good casing but if you want a nice one i opt for Coolermaster CM690 its great cpu and gpu clearence and u can mount tons of fans in it to keep it cool. I am using a Coolermaster CM590III cause i need the front panels in front of me 1 120mm NMB Mat rear exhaust, 3 Coolermaster MasterFan AirFlow 140mm on top as exhaust and a 140mm in front as intake.All set on performance mode

@ckl_1981 Isn't the CM690 discontinued?

Check out the Phanteks Pro M https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854042

Best & worst cases for your money in 2018 are:

Best Cases overall

I) Fractal Design Meshify C - Airflow and relatively quiet, best all around case

I) Phanteks Enthoo Pro M / Special Edition (white interior) - Airflow & full water cooling support

I) Fractal Define R6 - Silent with decent airflow

I) Be Quiet! DB 900 (Full Tower) - Airflow and silent 

I) Fractal Design Meshify C mini (mATX)

I) Corsair 400C - Only use with low end components, no 1080 / TI

I) Phanteks 350X - Only use with low end components, no 1080 / TI

I) Fractal Design Focus G

Cases that may be worth your money

I) Thermaltake G21 - GPU and CPU cooling issues, modest tweaking
I) Silverstone RL06 / Pro - Mustard/Ketchup wires, Shitty cable management, Poor front radiator support, useless psu filter, stupid ssd layout
I) In Win 303

I) Coolermaster H500 no suffix - if 200mm fans are your thing

I) NZXT H700 non "i" version - Needs to come down in price to be worth it

I) Corsair Carbide 100R - Suitable for low end builds

The worst cases - Do Not Buy

I) NZXT S340/Elite, H500, H440 (everything except the H700) Reason: Poor airflow
I) Coolermaster Masterbox 5

Majority of cases on the market

20 hours ago, ckl_1981 said:

Hi there you have a good casing but if you want a nice one i opt for Coolermaster CM690 its great cpu and gpu clearence and u can mount tons of fans in it to keep it cool. I am using a Coolermaster CM590III cause i need the front panels in front of me 1 120mm NMB Mat rear exhaust, 3 Coolermaster MasterFan AirFlow 140mm on top as exhaust and a 140mm in front as intake.All set on performance mode

CM 690 is quite old case I wonder if it even still exist here. It is a good case indeed back in the old days. 
I do have my eyes on the H500P Mesh does look nice. Maybe even their Master Case Pro series. 

15 hours ago, Gedgn said:

@ckl_1981 Isn't the CM690 discontinued?

Check out the Phanteks Pro M https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811854042

Ah I always forget about this case. I will bear in mind. But recently Phanteks announced their EVOLV X I'm kinda interested in that, will have to wait review to see how that case perform. 

Actually guys, my biggest struggle now is. I really want to keep using Air Cooled CPU cooler, but It's really hard to find a good place to mount my VEGA 64 Rad, as I mentioned. Mounting it on the top front feels like a bad idea. 
Just curious where would you guys mount it ?? I've seen some weird builds, some even mounting on the rear with an air cooled CPU cooler ! 
Won't the CPU heat all be pushing to the GPU Rad ??? 
Some people did like what I did, having it all the way on the bottom, but the heat seems to build up on the bottom since the GPU is blocking the hot air from rising to the top and being exhausted out. And I think the hot air build up will heat up the GPU as well. 

Why I don't want to go for an AIO water CPU cooler is because firstly I don't do much OC on my 1700X I don't see the point, secondly my U14S actually beat out a lot of the AIO water coolers on the market....and yet staying dead silent ( unless I get like a 360mm Rad AIO ) 
Even so I could just swap out for a D15 which is capable of competing some of the high end AIO water cooler and yet still cheaper ! 

wow where u live, I am from Malaysia and the CM690 is still available with usb 3.0 support. The case u show me was fabulous but sadly not available in Malaysia...

On 8/7/2018 at 7:27 PM, ckl_1981 said:

wow where u live, I am from Malaysia and the CM690 is still available with usb 3.0 support. The case u show me was fabulous but sadly not available in Malaysia...

Really ? I'm from Malaysia too lol. Which case did you mean that I show you ? This one I own now ?? This is actually a Carbide 740 Air, I think it's quite common, no ?? But I don't see anyone selling CM690 at all.  But CM 690 is pretty similar to Corsair 760T. I had thoughts of getting that case before, but that HDD cage will tend to get in the way of installing Rad. 
I think currently the best choice would be H500P Mesh or maybe Phanteks EVOLV X if releases anytime soon....I kinda like the new Fractal Design R6 but airflow seems rather weak for that case. Lian Li 001 Air was a disappointment...can't fit huge CPU cooler towers, and if your GPU is too big you may have problem closing the side glass panel too ! What a let down. 

21 hours ago, gh0st47 said:

Really ? I'm from Malaysia too lol. Which case did you mean that I show you ? This one I own now ?? This is actually a Carbide 740 Air, I think it's quite common, no ?? But I don't see anyone selling CM690 at all.  But CM 690 is pretty similar to Corsair 760T. I had thoughts of getting that case before, but that HDD cage will tend to get in the way of installing Rad. 
I think currently the best choice would be H500P Mesh or maybe Phanteks EVOLV X if releases anytime soon....I kinda like the new Fractal Design R6 but airflow seems rather weak for that case. Lian Li 001 Air was a disappointment...can't fit huge CPU cooler towers, and if your GPU is too big you may have problem closing the side glass panel too ! What a let down. 

Wow a Malaysian too, pleased to meet you. I am from Ipoh and high end casing are very rare...