Rate my PC-Building draft

Hello, people who read this Post

I need some Feedback for the PC-Building Plan I put together to find out if it's worth the high Price or if there is a Better solution for less Money.

I will mainly Use this Computer for Gaming, Multimedia, VR-Gaming and some casual VirtualBox stuff and it should run the most popular titles over 60 FPS at medium to high settings

I put my list together in a Swiss online store (because I live there). But I'm sure they have an option for English translation

Because I recycle some Parts from my current build I will just add the missing parts below the Link to the List.

My PC-Build:

https://www.digitec.ch/de/ShopList/Show?shopListId=D244570E7CED53824608F58EAECD4000

Currently Costs:

1563.80 CHF

(1’571.27 US-Dollar)

Missing Parts:

Power Supply

430 W Corsair CX430

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CX430-Builder-Power-Supply/dp/B009RMP14M/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1533537676&sr=8-2&keywords=430+W+Corsair+CX430

SSD (Boot Drive)

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E500B/AM)

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-500GB-Internal-MZ-76E500B-AM/dp/B0781Z7Y3S/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1533537778&sr=1-1&keywords=860+evo&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

HDD

Western Digital Blue 1TB

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Deskptop-1Terabyte-5400-7200RPM-Applications/dp/B06XR3LT6W/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1533537889&sr=1-2-spons&keywords=Western+Digital+Blue+1TB&psc=1

Please let me know if i forgot anything :)

I will update the Specs every now and then depending on the feedback i get for it

Why a 7700K when 8600K delivers similar performance, is newer and costs less?

3 hours ago, Konrad_K said:

Why a 7700K when 8600K delivers similar performance, is newer and costs less?

Thanks for the Tip. You are right the one you suggested even has 2 cores more than the one I selected. I've updated my List

43 minutes ago, G0rg3us_fr33man said:

Thanks for the Tip. You are right the one you suggested even has 2 cores more than the one I selected. I've updated my List

Coffee Lake processors require 3xx motherboards. The i5-8600K will not work with the Z270-A motherboard.

You could save a fair bit by selecting a less expensive case. 

Another option would be to go with an i5-8600 instead of an i5-8600K. (The cpu have identical turbo clocks.) One could then use the stock cooler or something like a Cryorig H7 and a B360 or H370 motherboard.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

16 minutes ago, brob said:

Coffee Lake processors require 3xx motherboards. The i5-8600K will not work with the Z270-A motherboard.

You could save a fair bit by selecting a less expensive case. 

Another option would be to go with an i5-8600 instead of an i5-8600K. (The cpu have identical turbo clocks.) One could then use the stock cooler or something like a Cryorig H7 and a B360 or H370 motherboard.

Thanks for the heads up

I would have missed that if no one mentioned

I've updated my list and changed to:

Motherboard

MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON (LGA 1151, Intel Z370, ATX)

CPU

Intel Core i5-8600 BOX (LGA 1151, 3.10GHz)

Case
Looks too cool to change to cheaper one

The original Link to my List still works

If you are sticking with the X62 cpu cooler and Z370 motherboard, you may as well get the i5-8600K.

7 minutes ago, brob said:

If you are sticking with the X62 cpu cooler and Z370 motherboard, you may as well get the i5-8600K.

I'm not sure how much more performance I would get if I choose the one I can overclock

I don't have experience in overclocking so I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

If not i will downgrade some of the hardware on the list

Edited by G0rg3us_fr33man

1 hour ago, G0rg3us_fr33man said:

I'm not sure how much more performance I would get if I choose the one I can overclock

I don't have experience in overclocking so I'm not sure if it would be worth it.

If not i will downgrade some of the hardware on the list

Maybe I got lucky but my 8600k is stable at 4.9ghz on all cores with a simple multiplier tweak.  Temps on an air cooler never get above 70C.  It is a very good bump in performance over stock.

That said, if you don't go with an unlocked K processor, a Z-series mobo is more than you need.

With Intel cpu these days overclocking can produce a decent performance improvement, but usually not more than ~15%.

4 minutes ago, thedude4bides said:

Maybe I got lucky but my 8600k is stable at 4.9ghz on all cores with a simple multiplier tweak.  Temps on an air cooler never get above 70C.  It is a very good bump in performance over stock.

That said, if you don't go with an unlocked K processor, a Z-series mobo is more than you need.

I guess I will stick with the Overclockable CPU. I will gladly invest more time in saving money in return for 4.9 GHz :) 

Overclocking with that PSU is not recommended, though. The CX430 is both old and rather unreliable, so I'd swap it for a more modern CX450/550 at least.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

7 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Overclocking with that PSU is not recommended, though. The CX430 is both old and rather unreliable, so I'd swap it for a more modern CX450/550 at least.

Right!

Thanks for mentioning. Almost forgot to upgrade PSU

I'll stick with the 550 to upgrade later on

I've updated the list