Severe Performance Hit

In my system I have a Ryzen 1500X and an EVGA 1050ti. Rocket League (My favorite game) would normally run at ~150 fps at 1080p. I recently came home one day after letting a family member play on this system while I was away. The sight I saw was unsettling, a black screen with a vertical white bar on the right hand side of the monitor (probably 10 pixels wide). I proceeded to press the reboot button on my front IO, the PC loaded into Windows with no issues. I then ran Geforce Experience and updated drivers, thinking it was a driver issue that caused the black screen. After the driver installed I ran a Furmark stress test only to get a similar crash this time with a red screen (I was also in a discord server, after the crash discord still worked and I could still talk to people through it). At this point I figured that I had a dead graphics card on my hands and that I would have to buy another to play games anymore. With a stroke of blind luck I decided to move my 1050ti to the second PCIE slot on my motherboard (Asrock A B350m Pro 4). Windows booted in low resolution and 60hz, painful compared to my 144hz monitor. I got a notification in the action center that a video driver had failed to start, so I waited a bit and the driver eventually kicked in, which is odd for my system to do. I then ran Furmark and all seemed well, I still got the measly 42fps at 1080p that I normally would get. Ever since this event Rocket League has taken a severe performance hit, getting me around 60 to 80 fps in a multiplayer game, in comparison to the 150 that I could normally get. I don't know If the new Nvidia driver was bad for Rocket League, or if I have a dying video card, or just the one dead PCIE slot (I assumed it was a power issue on the slot as the card ran fine under no load in that slot). Another thing to note is that no other game has really seen a performance hit other than Rocket League. If anyone could put their mind forward and help me out then I would be extremely grateful, thanks!