Custom loop or aio cpu cooler and aio gpu.

Hello. I want to ask if i should go with a custom loop or a nzxt kraken x62 and evga 1080ti hybrid. The aios are cheaper but is it the same as the custom loop? 

6 minutes ago, LukzForEver said:

Hello. I want to ask if i should go with a custom loop or a nzxt kraken x62 and evga 1080ti hybrid. The aios are cheaper but is it the same as the custom loop? 

If you want just the performance without the extra maintenance and hassle of having to learn and build a loop then AIO's would be a much better option. The performance will be comparable to a custom loop but will not exactly match it especially if your looking for dead silent performance. 

My current pc with h110i is running at max fan speed and the blower style 1080 is running at max speed. It sounds like a jet engine or vaccum cleaner running at 70db. I really dont care about sound because i max out my headphones. 

2 minutes ago, LukzForEver said:

My current pc with h110i is running at max fan speed and the blower style 1080 is running at max speed. It sounds like a jet engine or vaccum cleaner running at 70db. I really dont care about sound because i max out my headphones. 

In any case the AIO will provide a benefit over the blower design with comparable performance to a custom loop. You can lower the fan speed there is only so much performance gain after a certain amount of airflow through the fin arrays. 

The problem is that the included fans on the h110i are very loud even at lower speeds, but i guess i can try lowering it. 

Also im saying that a gpu EVGA 1080TI HYBRID has a blower style and aio cooler.

1 minute ago, LukzForEver said:

The problem is that the included fans on the h110i are very loud even at lower speeds, but i guess i can try lowering it. 

Also im saying that a gpu EVGA 1080TI HYBRID has a blower style and aio cooler.

In the case of the Hybrid units you can turn down the blower to essentially idle, it's only cooling the VRM and VRAM chips but still monitor the temps. The physically GPU die is cooled off by the AIO so the majority of the heat will be dumped out there. 

The cost for NZXT AIO CPU+GPU solution is expensive , actually almost the same as custom loop.

Aesthetic wise,  it does not look as cool as a proper custom loop setup.

Performance wise, it outclass AIO solution. 

Customization wise,  2 x 360mm Rad , flow detector, water channel link are some of options you can choose from.

There is no reason for me to go for AIO GPU+CPU