Thermal paste difference

Digital
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

The preapplied paste is generally fine or nearly as good as good aftermarket pastes such as NT-H1. Stick with the stock paste.

I'm going to buy an AIO to my build, and the CPU block has been pre-applied with some thermal paste. Is that thermal paste way worse than i.ex. Noctuas aftermarket thermal paste? Does it really matter - should I or should I not spend extra 10$ for some other thermal paste?

The preapplied paste is generally fine or nearly as good as good aftermarket pastes such as NT-H1. Stick with the stock paste.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

unless your going liquid metal it really doesn't matter you may at most get 1-2 degrees Celsius better temps by replacing the thermal paste

Asus crosshair hero VI  Gtx 1080ti  Ryzen 1700 16gb 3200mhz trident z RGB ram custom watercooled loop

The paste coming with aftermarket coolers is already better than what comes with stock coolers. No need to go with premium stuff.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I would go ahead and buy a tube of whatever you want if you don't have any already. But using what comes pre-applied for your first installation won't be bad. You should just have thermal paste available if you ever do need to pull the cooler off.

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case