Problems activating windows after changing mobo, ram, cpu.

LukzForEver

Hello, i had a old mobo and a old cpu that i got rid of and puted new mobo and new cpu and ram. After that windows didnt recognize my windows digital license and now it says activate windows. I tried using the activation troubleshooter but it directed my to the older mobo and cpu. I tried calling microsoft support because thats the only option and the number didnt work. I live in lithuania so if anybody has a legit number tell me please. Thanks. Is there any other ways to fix this?

jm.PNG

Did you originally use an OEM liscence? If so you will need to get a new copy of windows. 

OEM liscences are as far as i know tied to the mobo. 

An OEM license it is assigned to a motherboard. Only the retail version may be moved to a different PC. You will have to buy a new license to activate windows.

Phak. Need to spent 10euros on windows 10pro? Cant i contact support or something? 

1 hour ago, LukzForEver said:

Phak. Need to spent 10euros on windows 10pro? Cant i contact support or something? 

Afraid not :(

Just had to do the same with mine.

On 04/08/2018 at 3:15 PM, ViscountStyx said:

Afraid not :(

Just had to do the same with mine.

I contacted microsoft support yesterday and said it was some kind of a server issue that it didnt recognize my system and thay gave my a free windows 10 key. Yay

2 hours ago, LukzForEver said:

I contacted microsoft support yesterday and said it was some kind of a server issue that it didnt recognize my system and thay gave my a free windows 10 key. Yay

F*****************

Might have been because mine was an OEM key.

Try their chat support team: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/

The chat option always starts with a robot before you get connected to an actual person. FYI.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti