New build plan to replace dell inspiron 15

Straussy

Thats pretty good, in fact better than mine but airflow is going to be important for those 8th generation chips or amd chips in general and theres alot more bells and whistles to a case called the Corsair 750d Airflow editon and its specifically made for airflow. Do you have a cpu cooler already? If not you need one.

I understand you might not upgrade to an i9 or a AMD chip but since you said your going to upgrade your cpu later down the road its best you get some proper cooling for it as well as a radiator with liquid cooling if you can afford it , also you can get those parts for way cheeper... like check out eBay dude. Gosh.

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

No need to pay that much for a 1060. That's also a VERY expensive motherboard and you're not going to be overclocking. Just get the better CPU now and you won't spend so much long term trying to upgrade. 

If you go for a cheaper GPU and motherboard you can easily go for 16Gb, which unfortunately does make a difference now 

That's an F in the profile pic

I really like this case and airflow should be fine for this chip since i wont be overclocking so maybe the stock heatsink will be ok? When i upgrade chip ill be getting a 280 sillent loop aio for the 8700k or what ever chip comes up

3 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

No need to pay that much for a 1060. That's also a VERY expensive motherboard and you're not going to be overclocking. Just get the better CPU now and you won't spend so much long term trying to upgrade. 

If you go for a cheaper GPU and motherboard you can easily go for 16Gb, which unfortunately does make a difference now 

Im keeping the mother board so i dont have to change it later when i change cpu and im trying to find a cheaper gpu in other places

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($266.43 @ Mighty Ape) 
Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Killer SLI ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($175.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($239.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($86.00 @ IJK) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card  ($429.00 @ IJK) 
Case: Cougar - Panzer ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.00 @ BudgetPC) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($148.00 @ Amazon Australia) 
Total: $1442.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-03 22:39 AEST+1000

Better SSD and PSU, also more reasonable motherboard, no reason to spend so much on a motherboard, unless you need all the overclocking features, and you don't since you won't overclock.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

like i said, changing cpu later so the motherboard is the only thing i went all out on like realistically i could get a cheaper cpu to do me for now