DDR3 or DDR4?

Hey everyone! It's my first post here, or on any kind of forum really.

Anyways, I'm about to get myself a new PC (don't have anything for it, maybe a 768p or 1280x1024 monitor, depending on which one my parents don't want) and I don't know if I should get a DDR3 or DDR4 based system. I'm on a rather tight budget, somewhere around 400 USD, though I live in Hungary.

For DDR3, I'm thinking of going with this refurbished prebuilt, adding some RAM and an RX560 or something similar. 

For DDR4, I plan to build a PC with an Intel G4400, 4 GB RAM and the same RX560 level GPU.

I will also be looking at the used market, though I'd rather have some warranty for my system.

Anyways, what do you think? Feel free to ask me questions if I didn't go into enough detail here.

Try to find an unlocked second generation Intel "upgrade kit" (cpu, motherboard and ram). They're going for really cheap and they are also soldered. Something like the i7 2600k/i5 2500K is still really good for gaming. And if something breaks, it's really cheap to replace parts.

Main rig: i7 8086K // EVGA Z370 Micro // 16GB Gskill TridentZ 3200Mhz CL14 // Sapphire Pulse RX 7800XT// a variety of noctua cooling // Corsair RM750x v2 //  Fractal Meshify C

Secondary rig: R5 3600 // MSI B450i Gaming Plus // 16GB Gskill FlareX 3200CL14 // MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X // Cooler Master V650 // Fractal Meshify C

Audio setup: Audient iD4 // Adam A7X // Sennheiser HD 650 // Sennheiser HD 25-II // Audio Technica M50x // Sennheiser Momentum 4

DDR3 or DDR4 shouldn't matter at this performance level. Second gen Intels are still fine for gaming and really cheap.  Also DDR3 is cheaper than DDR4. If gaming is the only purpose I would go with an older CPU and DDR3 

You can get an APU based system using the 2200G for around 350$.

It will have 8GB of Ram and either 250GB SSD or an 1TB HDD.

It will perform rather well at 720p

50 minutes ago, Shanisan said:

Hey everyone! It's my first post here, or on any kind of forum really.

Anyways, I'm about to get myself a new PC (don't have anything for it, maybe a 768p or 1280x1024 monitor, depending on which one my parents don't want) and I don't know if I should get a DDR3 or DDR4 based system. I'm on a rather tight budget, somewhere around 400 USD, though I live in Hungary.

For DDR3, I'm thinking of going with this refurbished prebuilt, adding some RAM and an RX560 or something similar. 

For DDR4, I plan to build a PC with an Intel G4400, 4 GB RAM and the same RX560 level GPU.

I will also be looking at the used market, though I'd rather have some warranty for my system.

Anyways, what do you think? Feel free to ask me questions if I didn't go into enough detail here.

Have you ever thought about a setup like this this? It would be a new system with Full warranty. It is almost within your budget (~410$). The Ryzen 2400G delivers pretty decent gaming performance for the money. If you need more "bang" later just add in another graphics card.

The only other things you'd need to source would be keyboard, mouse and the monitor. But a used 1280x1024 screen should be available very cheap.

*Update* with better memory for the same price (see here).

A 2400G system would be a much better choice. It is recent, you get more ram, will perform good in 768P and you get 8GB of ram. Will cost you all in all around $350 - $400 excluding a PSU and case.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($98.90 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M-HDV Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.89 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($80.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Cougar - MX330 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($23.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $358.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-03 06:40 EDT-0400

The ram is fast. Good PSU. Good case. Good CPU. Motherboard is decent. You have an SSD.

Add in future.

- A HDD for general storage.

- A dedicated GPU.

hi.