Lenovo Y530 or Dell G5?

Hi guys so both the Lenovo Y530 and Dell G5 are up on sale now 

The Lenovo I would like is $830

The Dell G5 I'm interested in is $850

These both come with a 256gb M2 ssd

Which is okay for me because I don't mind adding a 1tb harddrive later myself

But the Lenovo comes with the 1050 4gb 

And the G5 comes with 1050ti 

Both are backlight keyboards the Lenovo doesn't have a SD card slot and I use that a lot because of photography so I'd have to buy a dongle..

Which laptop has better cooling? 

The seem to have the same IPS panel with decent colours I don't mind 

They both have 8gb too I'll definitely look to upgrade that myself as well 

Personally, I like the Lenovo quite a bit more. Their gaming laptops look fairly sleek. When I used to have the Y700 you could barely tell it was a gaming laptop with a gtx 960 because of how sleek the chassis was. I just dislike how the dell G5 looks so thick and angular, but that's just my personal preference.

2 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

Personally, I like the Lenovo quite a bit more. Their gaming laptops look fairly sleek. When I used to have the Y700 you could barely tell it was a gaming laptop with a gtx 960 because of how sleek the chassis was. I just dislike how the dell G5 looks so thick and angular, but that's just my personal preference.

I agree the Lenovo looks so sick ! With the thin bezels and black look ... It's even more mobile to carry than the G5 but I think performance wise the G5 is slightly better .. I don't mind how the G5 looks .. better looking than that Acer Helios 300

I'd pick the Dell for the better specs honestly. It depends on what your preference is: looks, or performance.

That is assuming that one or the other of these models doesn't have awful thermal throttling.

Just now, navioooo said:

I agree the Lenovo looks so sick ! With the thin bezels and black look ... It's even more mobile to carry than the G5 but I think performance wise the G5 is slightly better .. I don't mind how the G5 looks .. better looking than that Acer Helios 300

From the looks alone the G5 might have some more cooling potential, but the design will make it harder to place in a backpack, and it seems to be a little less mobile. If I were to have a laptop only on the desk, I would choose the G5 but as laptops are usually carried around- the Lenovo is just a better pick in my opinion.

G5 has better GPU. Cooling, display and build quality wise they are similar to each other.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128