PC is on but no display

Sashgnarg

So after unplugging then replugging my RAM (I did this because my pc kept freezing for a couple of seconds every minute or so while playing Fortnite), I am not longer getting display. My RGB lighting works for my graphics card, but my mouse and keyboard RGB aren’t turning on. A few minutes ago my keyboard’s RGB was flickering on and off, but after a few restarts it stopped. Fans and everything in the case seem to be working fine

what I’ve tried so far:

-restarting pc

- turning pc completely off and holding the power button

- unplugging and replugging all cables

- using each ram stick individually. In the slot nearest to the cpu.

-making sure everything was properly inserted

-yelling

-unplugging all cables and with only the monitor plugged in

-letting it cool down

Pc specs-

cpu: amd fx 8320

gpu: gtx 970

700 watt thermal take power supply

Am3+ msi motherboard- not sure what model

RAM- adata xpg v1 8gb ram (4gb x2)

Try a different PSU.

I've seen and had units suddenly be unable to provide adequate power to turn on the system beyond the LEDs and fans, sounds like what you're experiencing here.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

the video port may have died. do you use the on board or graphics card port 

17 minutes ago, Gamerofallgames said:

the video port may have died. do you use the on board or graphics card port 

The graphics card port

image.jpg

9 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

What do you have plugged in to you usb slots?

As of right now I have nothing plugged into the USB slots. I only have the my two monitor cables plugged in

image.jpg

Just now, Sashgnarg said:

As of right now I have nothing plugged into the USB slots. I only have the my two monitor cables plugged in

I see you have the HDMI and DVI plugged in, you should have only DVI plugged in instead and boot with only that.

14 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

I see you have the HDMI and DVI plugged in, you should have only DVI plugged in instead and boot with only that.

Still doesn’t work. Screen is black with no signal

5 minutes ago, Sashgnarg said:

Still doesn’t work. Screen is black with no signal

Try running the gpu, on the second pcie slot. See if that works. Also did you wait a couple minutes after turning it on to see if Windows was just doing loading?

5 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Try running the gpu, on the second pcie slot. See if that works. Also did you wait a couple minutes after turning it on to see if Windows was just doing loading?

Yep, it’s still on actually I left it running in case it was just really slow. Gimme a couple of minutes to switch the gpu slot and I’ll tell u if that works

26 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Ok so sorry that took so long, I had like 100000 wires blocking it and it was hard putting it in. Sooooooo it doesn’t work still, but I heard the windows thing when I was shutting my computer down. It was three beats “dun dun dun”, not the starting up sound. Also my keyboard RGB is actually still working, but it’s just very dim.

21 minutes ago, Sashgnarg said:

Ok so sorry that took so long, I had like 100000 wires blocking it and it was hard putting it in. Sooooooo it doesn’t work still, but I heard the windows thing when I was shutting my computer down. It was three beats “dun dun dun”, not the starting up sound. Also my keyboard RGB is actually still working, but it’s just very dim.

Did you made sure to check if the monitor cable were loose at the rear of the monitor? Cause you basically narrowed it down to only the monitor and gpu having issues a side from your USBs having some shorting issues. Since you said Windows booted up, then RAM shouldn't be the issue, the CPU and motherboard shouldn't be the issue, and the PSU is not causing the issue.

Also try doing a bios reset.

21 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Did you made sure to check if the monitor cable were loose at the rear of the monitor? Cause you basically narrowed it down to only the monitor and gpu having issues a side from your USBs having some shorting issues. Since you said Windows booted up, then RAM shouldn't be the issue, the CPU and motherboard shouldn't be the issue, and the PSU is not causing the issue.

Also try doing a bios reset.

Windows only booted up once though. And it was as I shut it down which is weird. Also what about the lighting issue with my mouse and keyboard, wouldn’t that be a psu or motherboard issue?

18 minutes ago, Sashgnarg said:

Windows only booted up once though. And it was as I shut it down which is weird. Also what about the lighting issue with my mouse and keyboard, wouldn’t that be a psu or motherboard issue?

Could be more of a motherboard issue, since the motherboard should prevent the shorting to the usb. But try what @Crunchy Dragon said about the PSU. Since your PSU is a Thermaltake Smart 700W which is low tier psu.

1 hour ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Could be more of a motherboard issue, since the motherboard should prevent the shorting to the usb. But try what @Crunchy Dragon said about the PSU. Since your PSU is a Thermaltake Smart 700W which is low tier psu.

Yea you know what, screw it. Ima just buy a new motherboard/cpu. I’m long overdue anyways. I have a warranty on my power supply so I’ll exchange that too. I was gonna wait until the 9th Gen Intel processors came out but I’ll just do it now.