Is it possible to add a PCIE mini slot?

I'm not sure if this is the best categorie in the forum for this question but this is what I got. My HP Envy x360 15 15-w117cl has a space where it looks like an m.2 SSD would be possible to mount but there's no PCIE mini slot on the board other than the one for the wifi card. There are contacts on the board that look like solder spots but no connector and in the instruction manual on the HP website it says there's a slot for m.2 ssds but it may be referring to a different model number since the instruction is for multiple models. I couldn't find any website selling just PCIE mini slots or in the HP part seller store. If I can't add a PCIE slot I'll just replace the HDD.

2O0JrRT

It is possible that there's a PCIE mini slot on the bottom of the board but I haven't flipped it over yet and when I called up HP support to see if they could help but it was a joke. Also is it possible to add a GPU I've seen other models with a gpu on the area I circled.

2vpnpAE

Thanks for anyone that can help me find some answers.xD

You can't just add a GPU, or a pci-e slot.

If it's not there, it's probably for a reason.

I would stick to swapping the HDD for an SSD and leave it at that.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just swap the hdd for an SSD, screw everything back together, and don't take it apart again if you're having to ask those kinda questions.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Short answer is: No
Long answer is:  Technically you probably could, but there will be more than just the PCIe connector you would need to add as the supporting electronics will likely be missing too.  You can even see the place for a chip that is missing near those solder points.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

There are other models with configurations for a pcie slot and a GPU that's why I'm asking. I know the GPU is next to impossible to solder but soldering a pcie slot to existing contact point shouldnt be. As far as sourcing the parts and then trying to get the bois to recognize the port you're probably right it's not worth it. I've never seen it done and was wondering if it would be easy(ish) since other models have it.

Indeed those are surface mount parts, would be an absolute nightmare to fit them without risking frying the whole board.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

If it has the exact same bios, i would say its possible.

But just like @Alex Atkin UK said, it's maybe more than just a pcie slot, you might want to look for the supporting components.

Why don't you look for the schematics for that laptop.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

31 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

If it has the exact same bios, i would say its possible.

But just like @Alex Atkin UK said, it's maybe more than just a pcie slot, you might want to look for the supporting components.

Why don't you look for the schematics for that laptop.

I have the service manual for the laptop but I can't find the schematic for the Mobo. The service manual doesn't even show where the m.2 ssd is installed just says there is a slot for it but the manual applies to a couple different variations so I'll have to see which sku my mobo is later today. I've seen another gen hp envy install it in the same spot as the HDD so I'll have to see if there's anything there. Here's the service manual if anyone wants to take a look. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04763031