Carbon fiber compression fittings not a viable thing?

Just wondering if carbon fiber as a material is a viable and good compression fitting for water cooling? 

If it works cant wouldn't it be less a hassle to clean the tubes for rusted metal parts?

Case...............Thermaltake Core P3 ATX Snow Edition

Motherboard.. .....ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151 ATX

CPU................Intel Core i7-8700K 6 Cores 4.7GHz Turbo Unlocked
RAM................Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz

GPU................NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition(2-way SLI)

GPU Accessory......GeForce GTX SLI HB bridge (4 slot)

STORAGE (main).....Samsung 960 Pro 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

STORAGE (backup)...Samsung 960 Pro 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

PSU................PC Power & Cooling Silencer Series 750W 80+ Gold Semi-Modular Active PFC 

Hardly possible. Carbon fibre relies on woven strength. How are you going to achieve that interwoven structure with threads? Not saying it's entirely impossible, but if it was possible the price would be ridiculous. People are already making fun of fitting pricing. Carbon fibre needs to be laminated. You can't just put it in a CNC machine and get a structurally sound piece out of it. I still doubt that you could be precise enough unless you're hiring some formula 1 engineers. At that point one fitting would cost probably as much as your whole system ... Twice.

A more viable material would be Delrin or Acetate since you can machine them. They still wouldn't last as long as a proper metal fitting made of brass or a similar material.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

4 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Hardly possible. Carbon fibre relies on woven strength. How are you going to achieve that interwoven structure with threads? Not saying it's entirely impossible, but if it was possible the price would be ridiculous. People are already making fun of fitting pricing. Carbon fibre needs to be laminated. You can't just put it in a CNC machine and get a structurally sound piece out of it. I still doubt that you could be precise enough unless you're hiring some formula 1 engineers. At that point one fitting would cost probably as much as your whole system ... Twice.

A more viable material would be Delrin or Acetate since you can machine them. They still wouldn't last as long as a proper metal fitting made of brass or a similar material.

even F1 cars use metal fittings.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

13 minutes ago, Levent said:

even F1 cars use metal fittings.

Well, there are some pretty rare carbon fibre crankshafts in the wild though I'm not sure if they just glue in some metal parts for the threads.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

Pure cf anything expensive and impractical unless there are a lot of layers.  Most is just reinforced with fg. 

Dont see a company wasting time on the engineering with no croud to sell too. Don’t know what hat fittings you’re using that are rusting. Doesn’t sound like a common problem.  

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

5 hours ago, 13eowulf said:

Just wondering if carbon fiber as a material is a viable and good compression fitting for water cooling? 

If it works cant wouldn't it be less a hassle to clean the tubes for rusted metal parts?

The parts wouldn’t rust since they are all copper or brass based but as said it wouldn’t be very viable to create something like that with complex features like threads. There are fittings with carbon fiber inserts if you are going for a unique look or design.