GPU WARRANTY VOID

Cazan

hey forum ! I have a Sapphire nitro Rx480 4gb for a year now and i've been mining the last couple months. i quit mining and now play some games casually and i noticed my gpu is getting higher temps than before i was mining. i wanna know if removing the heatsink and apply some new thermal paste will void my gpu warranty.

thanks !

6 minutes ago, Cazan said:

hey forum ! I have a Sapphire nitro Rx480 4gb for a year now and i've been mining the last couple months. i quit mining and now play some games casually and i noticed my gpu is getting higher temps than before i was mining. i wanna know if removing the heatsink and apply some new thermal paste will void my gpu warranty.

thanks !

I know evga is cool with most thermal paste re-applications. Simple google search... 

Source: https://www.sapphiretech.com/support.asp?lang=eng

1. The limited warranty does not cover products that the user has disassembled. GPU or ASIC devices (VGA) are sensitive to thermal (heat) issues. The heat sink has been designed to meet the requirements to ensure reliability of the product. Any warranty is rendered invalid if the product has been dismantled or the heat sink has been removed as this may cause damage to the GPU or ASIC device. Non-compliance will cause the warranty of the product to be void and repair will be at the users cost.
Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

It might affect Sapphire's warranty, but the mandatory EU warranty cannot be voided that way (unless you actually cause damage while changing the thermal paste).

40 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

nobody company cares because they can not prove it

Yes they can theirs stickers over some of the screws. 

Firestrike 
i7-8700k @5.0GHz w/ 1.30v, Corsair h100iv2, Gigabye Aorus gaming 7, 16GB(8x2) 2666MHz ddr4, Dual RX470's OC'd to 1390mhz(atm) in corssfire - liguid cooled with corsair h60's, 3.25 TB in Samsung SSD's, anidees white crystal cube case 

Retired:
i5-4440k @3.2GHz, gigabyte ga-z87x-ud5h z87, 24GB DDR3, 3x1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD.

1 hour ago, Br3tt96 said:

I know evga is cool with most thermal paste re-applications. Simple google search... 

1. The limited warranty does not cover products that the user has disassembled. GPU or ASIC devices (VGA) are sensitive to thermal (heat) issues. The heat sink has been designed to meet the requirements to ensure reliability of the product. Any warranty is rendered invalid if the product has been dismantled or the heat sink has been removed as this may cause damage to the GPU or ASIC device. Non-compliance will cause the warranty of the product to be void and repair will be at the users cost.

i know that too xD but i have a sapphire card.

1 hour ago, Sakkura said:

It might affect Sapphire's warranty, but the mandatory EU warranty cannot be voided that way (unless you actually cause damage while changing the thermal paste).

1 hour ago, Sakkura said:

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

nobody company cares because they can not prove it

soooooo .... mixed answers lol. i will probably will not damage it (99% sure) cause i've done this many times to other graphics cards

odds are you just need to clear the dust out of the heatsink of the card, start there before you jump into the whole take the card apart and repaste level.

11 hours ago, O9B0666 said:

It is possible to remove stickers safely without destroying them. There are videos of it on youtube

15 hours ago, O9B0666 said:

Pretty sure the "void if removed" stickers are now meaningless in the US, if OP is located there, thanks to a recent law being passed. 

Just do it anyway. Who cares about warranty?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

11 hours ago, JabroniBaloney said:

Pretty sure the "void if removed" stickers are now meaningless in the US, if OP is located there, thanks to a recent law being passed. 

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act was passed in 1975.

OP appears to be from the EU, but there are similar laws here anyway.

On 02/08/2018 at 4:38 AM, Daniel644 said:

odds are you just need to clear the dust out of the heatsink of the card, start there before you jump into the whole take the card apart and repaste level.

Its clean , i clean my pc every month ?

23 hours ago, Sakkura said:

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act was passed in 1975.

OP appears to be from the EU, but there are similar laws here anyway.

Ye i'm from the EU .. and where i live companies care a lot about warranty ... they even "deep search" the product and examine it before they start fixing it so... xD

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, Br3tt96 said:

This warranty is so bs.