Problem with toshiba internet driver

I have a weird problem. I just replaced my broken hard drive on a toshiba satellite laptop (C660-2QU). 

Upon installing windows 7, internet would not work at all. I thought fine, I'll just install wlan drivers and it will work. (both lan and wlan dont function)
However, I cannot find the specific model at all on toshiba's website, nor any drivers for it. I know its realtek so I tried installing the general drivers they have in the C660 page. 

It extracted the files, asked me for permission, I said yes, and then nothing happened. The installation didnt continue. I googled this problem and found a workararound. I just extracted the files without running automatically, then went to the folder in which they were extracted and started the installation of the realtek drivers. I thought, now ti will work for sure. Welp, drivers installed SUCCESSFULLY, as it said, still internet doesn't work... What am I supposed to do?
Note: Wlan device appears on BIOS
         Two unknown devices appear on task manager, idk which one is the wlann

There is no network adapter in device manager at all

23 minutes ago, FoxTheLegend said:

Upon installing windows 7,

shallow answer here, but going for windows 10 instead will most likely solve your problem. *and* you an activate it with your windows 7 key.

that aside, you could go find product pages about the laptop and search there which network chipset it has to find the correct drivers, or search based on the hardware ID of the device.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

shallow answer here, but going for windows 10 instead will most likely solve your problem. *and* you an activate it with your windows 7 key.

that aside, you could go find product pages about the laptop and search there which network chipset it has to find the correct drivers, or search based on the hardware ID of the device.

Hey!I tried doing what you said, looking for the exact model, well.... I was certain that I have realtek because that's what it said before and that's what it says in my BIOS, but toshiba's page for my exact model believes otherwise. It says it has atheros... So . what could be going on here? Then again I dont trust toshiba they are messed up. Should I try installing atheros or will that make matters worse

4 minutes ago, FoxTheLegend said:

Hey!I tried doing what you said, looking for the exact model, well.... I was certain that I have realtek because that's what it said before and that's what it says in my BIOS, but toshiba's page for my exact model believes otherwise. It says it has atheros... So . what could be going on here? Then again I dont trust toshiba they are messed up. Should I try installing atheros or will that make matters worse

Look in device manager, find the "unknown hardware" device that's missing a driver, and find the Device Id for it.

That'll tell you exactly what device you have, and what driver you need.

devid.png

3 minutes ago, Tabs said:

Look in device manager, find the "unknown hardware" device that's missing a driver, and find the Device Id for it.

devid.png

will do, thanks

13 minutes ago, Tabs said:

devid.png

Turns out, the extra unknown device was from hidden. So I unchecked show hidden and didnt take them into account. I did what you said to the one remaining, but unfortunately its a bluetooth driver... 

I tried installing the atheros driver, and it says please insert adapter ... help