Water cooling noob.

Heyyy sup biggrin.gif

This is my current system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAKudOe4aK4

[specs in desc]

I'm planning to get a new rig, aside of that I'm also planning into water cooling it:

GTX 780 2-way SLI

i7 4960x

32GB DDR3 @ 2133Mhz

etc

I would really appreciate if someone links me to an approximate of tubes and fittings as well as 3 water blocks I would need for this. Looking forwards to up to 520MM rad and a 360MM rad or other choices you guys think that would be better. I own the NZXT 810 case.

2020:AMD Ryzen 3900X | XFX 5700XT | 2TB m.2 | 32GBDDR4 @ 3200MHz | Corsair CX750M | ASUS X570 Strix | NZXT H100

2013:AMD FX-8350 @ 4.62GHz ~ 5.2GHz | XFX R9 290X 2x Crossfire | (x4) 2TB HDDs in RAID1 | 16GBDDR3 @ 1866MHz | GS800 | NZXT 810

I can't help on your watercooling, but I do have some criticisms on your system. Don't get a 4960x, get a 4930k if you need that kind of power. 32GB of RAM really isn't necessary for most people. A 4930k and 32GB of RAM will make for a really good workstation PC, but is ludicrously overkill for gaming. What's your usage scenario?

Spoiler

That music scared the hell out of me. 

Computer Specs: CPU: i7 3770k, GPU: EVGA GTX 770, PSU: Corsair HX 850W, Case: Fractal Design R4, Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 240 Pin DDR3, Corsair H100i Liquid CPU CoolerKingston HyperX 240GB SSD (OS), WD 1TB HDD Black Edition

1: Get a 4930K instead.

2: Get a CPU and a GPU block that looks good in your opinion. Recommended brands are EKWB, XSPC, HeatKiller, Swiftech, etc.

3: Alphacool makes awesome radiators, as well as Hardware Labs. I recommend low FPI (fins per inch) radiators so you can use low RPM fans. The Alphacool UT60 (get whatever size you need) and Hardware Labs SR-1 (get whatever size you need) are both excellent low FPI rads.

4: For those 3 components, get a 420 mm for the top and a 240 mm ( if you can fit it in the bottom, and if you can't, a 120). Get more rads if you want. More silent rig.

5: I prefer Noiseblocker fans - for the 420 mm rad, get Noiseblocker PK-2 or PK-3. For the 120/240 mm rad, get Noiseblocker PL-2 or PL-3.

6: As for fittings and tubing, get whatever compression fittings that looks aesthetically pleasing to you. For tubing, get clear PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT and Mayhems Pastel coolant in a color that you like.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

New rig I hope you are rendering professionally or something otherwise thats way overkill 

I watched the video in 3D. Why? Because it was an option and I don't have 3D glasses or a monitor :P

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

1: Get a 4930K instead.

2: Get a CPU and a GPU block that looks good in your opinion. Recommended brands are EKWB, XSPC, HeatKiller, Swiftech, etc.

3: Alphacool makes awesome radiators, as well as Hardware Labs. I recommend low FPI (fins per inch) radiators so you can use low RPM fans. The Alphacool UT60 (get whatever size you need) and Hardware Labs SR-1 (get whatever size you need) are both excellent low FPI rads.

4: For those 3 components, get a 420 mm for the top and a 240 mm ( if you can fit it in the bottom, and if you can't, a 120). Get more rads if you want. More silent rig.

5: I prefer Noiseblocker fans - for the 420 mm rad, get Noiseblocker PK-2 or PK-3. For the 120/240 mm rad, get Noiseblocker PL-2 or PL-3.

6: As for fittings and tubing, get whatever compression fittings that looks aesthetically pleasing to you. For tubing, get clear PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT and Mayhems Pastel coolant in a color that you like.

Now.. This is REALLY helpful. Thanks!

New rig I hope you are rendering professionally or something otherwise thats way overkill

Ehhh, I have a 4k monitor as well as I like to play on the highest available settings. I prefer not spending money over the next 12 months on hardware. This being said, I want to be prefer for upcoming releases.

I can't help on your watercooling, but I do have some criticisms on your system. Don't get a 4960x, get a 4930k if you need that kind of power. 32GB of RAM really isn't necessary for most people. A 4930k and 32GB of RAM will make for a really good workstation PC, but is ludicrously overkill for gaming. What's your usage scenario?

I do lots of video rendering. Audio rendering. Gaming. Multi-display/tasking scenarios, etc.

2020:AMD Ryzen 3900X | XFX 5700XT | 2TB m.2 | 32GBDDR4 @ 3200MHz | Corsair CX750M | ASUS X570 Strix | NZXT H100

2013:AMD FX-8350 @ 4.62GHz ~ 5.2GHz | XFX R9 290X 2x Crossfire | (x4) 2TB HDDs in RAID1 | 16GBDDR3 @ 1866MHz | GS800 | NZXT 810

I know your question was strictly asking about watercooling advice but if you're interested in listening about my two cents I'd like to make some suggestions hardware wise. If you're willing to wait I'd suggest holding tight until the X99 platform is released. That way if you were planning to splurge on a 4960X the Haswell-E equivalent will have 8 cores instead of 6 like their Sandy and Ivy Bridge-E predecessors. However that being said depending on what kind of video rendering you do (assuming this is the most demanding task you'll be doing CPU-wise) you may or may not benefit from those extra 2 cores and 4 threads. In addition, if you don't need 8 cores you can still get the 4930K equivalent which is speculated to have have 6 cores and you can benefit from other advantages that will come to this new platform such as DDR4 which will provide you with higher density modules with greater speeds which will be beneficial to those who are serious about video editing and other extreme power users.

If you do not care for any of these things then as @WunderWuffle said get a 4930K instead of a 4960X as the difference in performance is marginal. I'll also vouch for Noiseblocker fans and Alphacool radiators as well as PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT for tubing and Mayhems Pastel range of coloured coolants. Blocks like he said get one that is aesthetically pleasing for you and I also agree with his recommended brands. Tubing side of things just ensure that the Inner diameter (known as ID) and the Outer diameter (known as OD) match those of your fittings. OD only matters if you're getting compression fittings however I'd recommend these over barbs as they give a more clean aesthetic. These are almost always given in fractions of an inch and common tubing and fitting sizes for soft, flexible tubing include 3/8in ID 1/2in OD, 7/16in ID 5/8in OD, 3/8in ID 5/8in OD and 1/2in ID 3/4in OD. PrimoChill's tubing comes in all these sizes. No size is better over the other and like blocks comes down to what you find aesthetically pleasing. For fittings there are many good brands but I'd personally recommend Bitspower fittings as they are some of the best out there and in my opinion look very nice. They also make fancy angle and rotary fittings for more advanced loops however my recommendation would be to start off with just straight fittings unless you absolutely need some kind of an angle or rotary.

On a final note since you labeled yourself as a 'Water cooling Noob' I strongly recommend you check out the two water cooling stickies posted by Gmac and Ghost. They are both very long but even more so helpful reads and answer a lot of the questions people ask about custom loops. I hope you benefitted from my post as I spent a lot of time writing this out, have fun and good luck!

"If you have a dream don't wait. Act."

~Axel, Kingdom Hearts II