Upgrading A Stock Acer Aspire ATC-605-UB11

Srcsqwrn

I have made a post in the RAM topic for assistance on just the RAM. I thought I would need to go to each individual part topic and then make a new thread for each part. 
I will leave that thread there, as I am waiting on replies. But I will include information here, too.

"I have an Acer ATC-605-EF30.

This baby has:
- a sweet sweet Intel Core i5 processor 4440
- a groovy AMD Radeon HD 8570 2GB
- a not so full yet 1TB HD
- and lastly a cool 8 GB DDR3 Ram"

I figure at the moment I would like to change out the RAM so I can get up to 16GB instead of 8GB. I want to put a Graphics Card in this thing that's decent. As well I am guessing I need a new power supply.

Picture below. I can also list what is on the Datasheet in full, if it's needed.

This computer is pretty dusty, and I am planning on looking up good ways to clean it properly. Just a warning.

1. Budget & Location

So my plan is to upgrade my system one part at a time, if it's even possible to upgrade my machine.
I expect to spend a more than hundred bucks on each part if I have to. This is in Ontario and is in CAD.

I really would just like to max out my system to it's potential atm. I then plan to build a better PC down the road from scratch.

2. Aim

I have been using this system to stream/play games, I also make music, and I'm starting to learn 3d Modeling. I also edit videos on this rig, too.

I don't know what would be a good middle ground here. I do play games on this more than anything else, at the moment. Not sure what advice I could get from this. I'm sort of all over I guess. :c

3. Monitors

How many monitors do you plan on running? 2
Do you plan on moving to more monitors in the future? I think I would like to run 3 at some point. But I don't think that will be for a good long while.
What resolution are they at too? Main 1600 x 900. 2nd is 1366 x 768. At the moment I have a sort of weird set up with these. Looking to get better monitors for better experience in the future, too.

4. Peripherals

I don't believe I need anything else except a couple new monitors. If these upgrades require me to reinstall W10, I think I have a copy of it somewhere.

5. Why are you upgrading?
I just would like a better general experience with the programs I use and the games I play.

---

Side note: If there are any good resources out there for a beginner like me; please link me up. I want to learn about computers and computer parts. I find the whole thing fascinating, and looking to build a computer after the upgrades to this computer, the knowledge would be great. Thank you for your time, anyone who reads all this.

Computer Insides 1.jpg

I would not make further investments in this system.

If it were possible adding an ssd would be good, but the motherboard only has 1 SATA III port which is needed for the hdd.

Upgrading the gpu would help with gaming and something like a GTX 1050 Ti would probably be okay with the 300W psu already installed in the system. Although this is not a certainty.

Rather than trying to improve the existing system, save the money for a new system.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I am already saving for a new system. But I can definitely put a couple bucks towards this one. Thing is, once I build the new system, this one will be used by my GF when she visits me. I want it to be relatively decent. 

So, this means no SSD drive. A bit of a bummer, but ok.

How can I test if my system will need more power for the GTX?
Thank you for the reply.

The only way to be sure is to actually try it.

Sounds good.

So far my shopping list is some sort of 8GB RAM sticks, a GTX 1050 Ti, and possibly a Power Supply. Doesn't seem to bad.

So, I have watched some videos on Linus an friends building computers. But they look vastly different from my garbage one. They are also a lot more comfortable and do everything very fast. Are there any resources on how to handle each component around out there? I just don't want to move or touch something that will die by being moves or touched.

Before getting a gpu, check the measurements. It's hard to tell from the picture, but there may be an issue with card length fitting in the case or possibly having issues with the (looks like) front panel USB cable.

Before doing anything in the box make sure the switch on the back of the psu is in the off position. Also, take a few pictures of the interior paying particular attention to all of the cables plugged into the motherboard. (In some situations it is fairly easy to pull a cable loose.) There will be a section of headers for front panel stuff like the on/off switch, hdd led, etc. in some systems they are not well marked. Make sure you will be able to plug them back onto the appropriate header should they come loose. very 

I believe linus has some videos that deal with putting systems together. There is stuff that doesn't apply to you, but 

and its 3 follow on episodes has some good stuff.

Thank you very, very much again. I appreciate all the help.

I made this post, but realized I have to double check measurements. I did not see the connection of the cable.

Edit:
Measured up what the dimensions said. I think it looks like the Graphics card I want will be able to fit into the computer.
Found some RAM, and I hope I'm set.

Are there any reputable brands I should look for when buying RAM? I don't want to get something low quality that will break down within a week.