Good Streaming/Basic Editing Rig For Under $700 Canadian

Recently I’ve been starting to save up for a new “gaming” computer that shall be used for streaming games like csgo and Skyrim (2011), I would also like this build to be able to play fallout 4, and Pubg (I have no intentions of streaming them) on low to medium settings 1080p at as close to 60fps as I can get. I do edit occasionally but it’s just basic 1080p 30fps video using DaVinci Resolve, Streaming would be at 720p 30fps at 1300 bitrate on twitch.

For parts I was thinking:

Ryzen 5 1400

Gigabyte A320m MicroAtx motherboard

gt 1030 or gtx 1050ti (would prefer 1050ti)

8gb of ddr4 2400mhz ram

500w power supply

120gb ssd (could live without one for now)

2tb hard drive

Corsair CC-9011086-WW MicroAtx case

All of this would be purchased off Amazon.ca

I would really like a quad core cpu but if I have to go dual core, I would be willing to.

i appreciate any help with this build

This will be my first Pc build, I’m currently on a laptop that’s starting to show its age

and really want to play and stream some newer games.

Is the 700 before tax or after tax?

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

7 minutes ago, NoRomanBatmansAllowed said:

Is the 700 before tax or after tax?

The 700 shall be after tax

Here's as close as I could get it to your budget while squeezing the most performance out of it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($202.99 @ Newegg Canada Marketplace) 
Motherboard: *ASRock - A320M-DGS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.75 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: *Crucial - Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($84.56 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Video Card: *MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($247.36 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Case: *Rosewill - FBM-05 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($20.32 @ Amazon Canada) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.36 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Total: $708.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-31 16:17 EDT-0400

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

4 minutes ago, NoRomanBatmansAllowed said:

Here's as close as I could get it to your budget while squeezing the most performance out of it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($202.99 @ Newegg Canada Marketplace) 
Motherboard: *ASRock - A320M-DGS Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($59.75 @ Vuugo) 
Memory: *Crucial - Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($84.56 @ Amazon Canada) 
Storage: Kingston - A400 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($38.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Video Card: *MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card  ($247.36 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Case: *Rosewill - FBM-05 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($20.32 @ Amazon Canada) 
Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($54.36 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Total: $708.33
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-31 16:17 EDT-0400

Thanks! I really appreciate it, you wouldn’t happen to know what settings fallout 4 can run on and around what Fps I’ll get in the early and late game?

1 minute ago, Demon_kity said:

Thanks! I really appreciate it, you wouldn’t happen to know what settings fallout 4 can run on and around what Fps I’ll get in the early and late game?

I haven't played it too much, but I'm guessing at high/very high you should be able to get around 60fps considering it's a few years old now and the 1050ti can handle basically any game at 1080p perfectly fine.

Spoiler

Just now, NoRomanBatmansAllowed said:

I haven't played it too much, but I'm guessing at high/very high you should be able to get around 60fps considering it's a few years old now and the 1050ti can handle basically any game at 1080p perfectly fine.

Ok great, again thanks for the help!

58 minutes ago, Demon_kity said:

Wouldn't bother with that tier of GPU

Just buy an R3 2200G system for now, and then buy an RX 570/580 1060 6GB later

Should still be able to stream using ReLive

Either way you should get a decent B450 board, faster memory, and a case that has front mesh for airflow.

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/2NJgQZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/2NJgQZ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($124.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($105.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.95 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.00 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $519.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-31 16:51 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

Wouldn't bother with that tier of GPU

Just buy an R3 2200G system for now, and then buy an RX 570/580 1060 6GB later

Should still be able to stream using ReLive

Either way you should get a decent B450 board, faster memory, and a case that has front mesh for airflow.

PCPartPicker part list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/2NJgQZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/2NJgQZ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($124.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($124.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($105.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.95 @ Vuugo)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($44.00 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Amazon Canada)
Total: $519.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-31 16:51 EDT-0400

Thank you for the idea (might use this one), do you think I could down the ram to 2666mhz to save some more money and get an 120gb ssd or more hard drive space (I tend to run out quite quick) like a 2tb instead of a 1tb

2 minutes ago, Demon_kity said:

Thank you for the idea (might use this one), do you think I could down the ram to 2666mhz to save some more money and get an 120gb ssd or more hard drive space (I tend to run out quite quick) like a 2tb instead of a 1tb

You'd want like 3000+mhz memory preferably, especially if you're going to be using the onboard graphics. It usually isn't much more expensive.

Would only buy a 240GB SSD at minimum as well.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You'd want like 3000+mhz memory preferably, especially if you're going to be using the onboard graphics. It usually isn't much more expensive.

Would only buy a 240GB SSD at minimum as well.

I’m not going to put anything besides windows,steam and possibly a game like csgo on the ssd so I don’t feel like I need a 240gb one.Do you have any good recommendations for 3000+MHz ram

11 minutes ago, Demon_kity said:

I’m not going to put anything besides windows,steam and possibly a game like csgo on the ssd so I don’t feel like I need a 240gb one.Do you have any good recommendations for 3000+MHz ram

Anything that advertises 3000mhz should be fine G.skill/Corsair are more name brands if you wanted one of those.

If you just live with the APU, Nvidia is announcing next gen GPUs on the 20th of august probably.

Or you can just pick up an RX 570/580 when you have a bit more money, which is 40-60% faster than a 1050ti anyways.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Anything that advertises 3000mhz should be fine G.skill/Corsair are more name brands if you wanted one of those.

If you just live with the APU, Nvidia is announcing next gen GPUs on the 20th of august probably.

Or you can just pick up an RX 570/580 when you have a bit more money, which is 40-60% faster than a 1050ti anyways.

Ok thanks for the help!

Just now, Demon_kity said:

Ok thanks for the help!

The faster memory also makes Ryzen CPUs a bit faster due to how they operate. Depends on the game if it's a major difference. But the onboard graphics definitely needs the fastest possible memory. It can surpass a GT 1030 on the high end, at least in fire strike.

Spoiler