3x GTX 780 watercooler- How to check whether they work or not

BlindGuyPCs

So I found a bloke on Craigslist selling 3x gtx 780 with water blocks for 50 bucks and was wondering how do I check whether they work without building a loop just to test them at his place? He said he got them from a friend and never closed the loop.

If its to good to be true ...

Let's agree to disagree

5 minutes ago, BlindGuyPCs said:

So I found a bloke on Craigslist selling 3x gtx 780 with water blocks for 50 bucks and was wondering how do I check whether they work without building a loop just to test them at his place? He said he got them from a friend and never closed the loop.

With the blocks installed you can post each card one at a time, even without fluid it won't be too bad with a large copper block on it but don't run it for any extended period of time. I'd say less than 2 mins of time. 

Also this sounds very fishy, for that price with the block since that alone is more than $50. 

46 minutes ago, W-L said:

With the blocks installed you can post each card one at a time, even without fluid it won't be too bad with a large copper block on it but don't run it for any extended period of time. I'd say less than 2 mins of time. 

Also this sounds very fishy, for that price with the block since that alone is more than $50. 

Oh ok, thanks for the help! I will bring my I7 965 and asus board that I got for free to test it.

Yea just put one in and fire it up. Will be fine to idle with. Did it a few times with my 3 titans. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz