My pc plans have a geeze

Danial

1. Budget & Location

Brisbane, Australia

Budget $1560

2. Aim

The system going to be used for Web browsing, 3D work, gaming Bioshock, Crysis3,other good titles, word doc crafting, GPU accelerated cracking, video editing.I will be running in raid 0

3. Monitors

I am currently running a Sony 40" [url=http://www.sony.com.au/product/kdl-40w3100]http://www.sony.com.au/product/kdl-40w3100[/url=http://www.sony.com.au/product/kdl-40w3100] I do plan on moving to dual monitors in the future, smaller around 22" size.

4. Peripherals

I have a mac keyboard from school and I have a bad usb from ebay had to upgrade. I have windows 7 Ultimate and, a separate linix distribution which I will run in dual boot.

5. Why are you upgrading?

Because I have a dell pc from my school, which is under performing and letting me down, I will harvest the hdd out of it Which is the same model as the ones I'm ordering, and i will use it as a separate storage.

This is the beast: [/url=http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=154164&action =wish_lists],

I will order in June or July, when ever I get the moonayes.

Tell me what you think, one day I want to run a custom water cooling but not in this case.

Why two green drives? Why not just a single 2TB drive?

It is usually better to get 2x8gb ram kit rather than 4x4gb kit due to easier diagnostics if one fails and in general less chance of ram issues with fewer modules. 2x8gb kits are generally cheaper as well compared to 4x4gb

For your build, a 550W psu is more than enough however if you wanted to do crossfire in the future a 650W will do. In either scenario, a 850W is just overkill

Also you really should add a boot ssd to your system. It will really improve day to day performance

3770k, Asrock Extreme 4, 16GB Dominator Plat, AX760i, 250GB BX100, 1.5TB Seagate, Win 7 Home Prem 

I was reading through my wishlists and I have a wishlist named "Danial"... did you post one of these before? Lol

Anyway, as mentioned above, I would get 2 x 8GB for $4 more (for upgradability).

Don't RAID the WD Greens; you can drop that PSU down to a 750W if you intend to crossfire (650W will probably suffice, but it's good to have some headroom and 700-750 is great for crossfire).

Might as well get the H110 instead of the H100i since your case supports it.

To save money you could throw the 7970 and get a non-reference 7950 and overclock it for much cheaper.

I'd grab an SSD for a boot and applications usage, maybe switch out those greens and RAID barracuda's for better performance.

Here's my revision:

Danial Wishlist (2)

I was reading through my wishlists and I have a wishlist named "Danial"... did you post one of these before? Lol

Anyway, as mentioned above, I would get 2 x 8GB for $4 more (for upgradability).

Don't RAID the WD Greens; you can drop that PSU down to a 750W if you intend to crossfire (650W will probably suffice, but it's good to have some headroom and 700-750 is great for crossfire).

To save money you could throw the 7970 and get a non-reference 7950 and overclock it for much cheaper.

I'd grab an SSD for a boot and applications usage, maybe switch out those greens and RAID barracuda's for better performance.

Here's my revision:

Danial Wishlist (2)

On another note, I'm selling my build and I live on the Gold Coast ;) But it's a 3570K, not an 8350 so it might not fulfill your needs.

No excuse for not having a mechanical keyboard and ssd in this price bracket: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=154151&action=wish_lists

I encourage you to overclock you graphics card :)

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Here's my revision:

Danial Wishlist (2)

Yes, Yes you did make a wishlist for me before I'm just a menace to society, You have me convinced on the ssd, water cooler and the ram, I only wanted the hdds in raid as a good compromise for an ssd's speed and having a simple drive set-up keeping only one place to store everything and being cheaper. but who cares ssds are the shit so I have heard. Two problem's I want to keep the beefy 7970 for cracking, and It's breaking the bank even with my refined wishlist because I also want to keep the psu fully modular "Pride couldn't be swallowed".

I have had a think about it, to save money I will use the 1tb hdd in my current pc and use it for storage in the new one, It will also help me with the dual boot as a can easily share file between the two OSs, also I have supplemented the rad with a really cheap cpu cooler that should suffice until I purchase a water cooling solution for overclocking.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=154164&action=wish_lists

There was a reason, making it perform better in raid 0, but I have ditched that fantasy now. :)

It is usually better to get 2x8gb ram kit rather than 4x4gb kit due to easier diagnostics if one fails and in general less chance of ram issues with fewer modules. 2x8gb kits are generally cheaper as well compared to 4x4gb

For your build, a 550W psu is more than enough however if you wanted to do crossfire in the future a 650W will do. In either scenario, a 850W is just overkill

Also you really should add a boot ssd to your system. It will really improve day to day performance

I have corrected my 4 ram dim desires. I have based my psu choice on the fully modular basis, and the fact that I need more from my computer over the years as I am 16 and this pc will probably become more and more power hungry as I customise it, but because of my budget I cannot make as powerful as a computer as I want so making an investment into my psu became more tempting. I have also added a ssd. :)

Problem with trying to put these green drives in an array, especially RAID 0 is they have a tendency to go to sleep so the array breaks..

Here's my revision:

Danial Wishlist (2)

If you aren't going to overclock the 8350, I wouldn't worry about a cheap air cooler until you think you need an AIO watercooler - I would just use the stock cooler, though noise is a bit annoying. Totally understand the modular PSU argument. I would still drop that PSU down to a Silverstone Strider 750W - great PSUs (fully modular and all that jazz). Save $25 there

Mech gaming keyboards aren't everyone's thing, which is fair enough (though they are mine XD).

To be honest, I would still veer away from a reference 7970 - a non-reference 7950 will perform probably 3-5% worse, which is not bad considering you save $70. But to each his own.

Looking good!

I see, and is this the tler setting problem?, I would have dun goofed if I decided to raid with these :) thank you I have learnt something

No excuse for not having a mechanical keyboard and ssd in this price bracket: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lists&wlcId=154151&action=wish_lists

worry not I will overclock, I will not waste my money. I also will get an ssd, but I might have to sting out on the mechanical keyboard

sorry bro, but i can't let you not get a mechanical :/ you just have to...

one of us

one of us

one of us

But in all seriousness, if you think you don't need one and you'd rather put your money somewhere else then don't spend more than $20 on a membrane. membranes are horrid regardless of price and the quality of them doesn't go up if you spend more on them so stop at $20 ones

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Here's my revision:

Danial Wishlist (2)

I shall go for the 7950 non-refrence and get a mechanical keyboard

;) good choice

Here's my revision:

Danial Wishlist (2)

Okay. Which mechanical keyboard were you looking for?

I highly recommend my own Cooler Master Storm Trigger (MX Blues) - I think it's dropped quite significantly in price @ PCCG to something like $115

Here's my revision:

Danial Wishlist (2)

Yep that was the one I have :D