Need Help with Stream High Refresh Rates

Glaith

Ok so this is a big an issue I cannot get a straight answer for.

Streaming with a High refresh rate monitor.

First things first my specs are:

Main Rig
I7 7700k

32 gig ram

1080ti

1440P 165 hz Screen

Stream PC
i5 2500k

8 gig ram

GTX 660

Using OBS Studio with NDI Plugin.

Im using very fast networking as well.

My issue is,

When streaming at 60 or even 30 FPS the stream cannot seem to keep up with the high refresh rate of my game.

I have tried everything from capture cards to using higher tier streaming PCs. (even encoding off the main rig)

It has nothing to do with the specs on either PC.

When I limit my FPS to 60 fps in game it fixes the stutter issues hense why I have come to the conclusion that because my Games run at a very High frame rate the stream stuggles to downsample it to 60 fps.

Im curious if its a little setting i do not know about in OBS and some one else does.

This is frustrating as Im sure im not the only streamer with a high refresh rate monitor.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

12 minutes ago, Glathier said:

Why aren't you just streaming using NVENC from your main PC? it's likely more powerful than the 2500K

may just be an issue with the capture card taking a 144hz signal. Should be able to down sample to 60fps without an issue in OBS.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

39 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Why aren't you just streaming using NVENC from your main PC? it's likely more powerful than the 2500K

may just be an issue with the capture card taking a 144hz signal. Should be able to down sample to 60fps without an issue in OBS.

Why? Because I still lose alot of FPS when using NVENC or Software on the main rig,

I have phased out the capture card as it is pointless and no difference to NDI plugin.

I have tried everything under the sun to make this work and Im completely stumped.

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

2 minutes ago, Glathier said:

Your NVENC settings might just be too high then. It shouldn't have any major impact as it's a part of the chip designed to do encoding that isn't normally used.

is NDI just like sending the data over your network to the other PC? If sending the data at 60fps to the other PC works fine maybe one of the network cards can't handle the higher over 60fps signal.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?