Which brand to choose?

Jumas548

So I have crossed my budget, which is max 1050€, and I have been thinking that should I change my sapphire card to some other brand.... Could someone tell me differences between different brands, and which one of them are better quality, less noise or less temp? Oh and forget to say that the monitor includes to budget which will be around 200€.

So I have chosen sapphire rx580 8gb nitro+ but is it really the best for its price? And btw if possible can you guys maybe change some components to cheaper ones, if possible? Something very little

I would aim for a 250Gb MX500 instead of 500Gb and throw in a 1 or 2Tb HDD alongside it.

Nitro+ 580 is pretty good.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

do you plan to overclock?

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Nitro+ 580 is pretty good.

Should I get cheaper one?

Just now, uTogglin said:

do you plan to overclock?

Maybe little

3 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

throw in a 1 or 2Tb HDD alongside it

I dont need tb I am going to only game

I would upgrade to the 2600x as it auto overclocks and is more stable with ram

1 minute ago, Jumas548 said:

Should I get cheaper one?

The Nitro+ looks like a really solid card, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It should hold up with an overclock without problems as well.

I dont need tb I am going to only game

If you plan on expanding your game library, you'll want at least 1Tb of mass storage. You could also use this storage for various files and other applications that aren't games.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The Nitro+ looks like a really solid card, I wouldn't worry about it too much. It should hold up with an overclock without problems as well.

If you plan on expanding your game library, you'll want at least 1Tb of mass storage. You could also use this storage for various files and other applications that aren't games.

I dont think I need hdd RN for my situation, but of course I can always buy one when I need. And I dont download anything else than games lol. Or maybe disc, nothing else lol

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

And 500gb crucial costs 90€ and 250gb costs 60€, so you get 2x more space for only 30€, idk should I get 250

Just now, Jumas548 said:

And 500gb crucial costs 90€ and 250gb costs 60€, so you get 2x more space for only 30€, idk should I get 250

You can get a 1Tb drive with the money you would have spent on another 250Gb of solid state storage.

Personally, I would have the 250Gb drive as your boot drive and for storing some games on, and use the 1Tb drive for everything else.

2 minutes ago, Jumas548 said:

The HDD is going to be the cheapest part of your build go for a smaller SSD and spring for the HDD it'll be worth it

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

3 minutes ago, mrbilky said:

The HDD is going to be the cheapest part of your build go for a smaller SSD and spring for the HDD it'll be worth it

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You can get a 1Tb drive with the money you would have spent on another 250Gb of solid state storage.

Personally, I would have the 250Gb drive as your boot drive and for storing some games on, and use the 1Tb drive for everything else.

But I bet I dont have use for hdd

Just now, Jumas548 said:

But I bet I dont have use for hdd

If you're gaming, you will want more than ~400Gb of solid state storage.(I say 400 because I'm accounting for Windows 10)

You do have a use for an HDD, believe me.

you'll get a lot higher clock speeds automatically an SSD to store your apps on and an HDD for photos videos music ect

what is your budget

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If you're gaming, you will want more than ~400Gb of solid state storage.(I say 400 because I'm accounting for Windows 10)

You do have a use for an HDD, believe me.

But not 1tb, I think 500gb is enough for me

Just now, uTogglin said:

what is your budget

I said it in the first post

1050 right

But not 1tb, I think 500gb is enough for me

Well, I guess if it is, you can always grab an HDD down the road.