GTA 5 random fps drops

Lonewolf33651

Pc specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600

ROG strix b350-f

8GB crucial ballistix 

XFX RX480 8GB

Windows 10 64bit

Settings are all set to high and the fps sits around 55-60 fps. Randomly it will drop down low 20s even into the teens. MSAA is turned off and did not help.

is there a particular location or scenario where the fps drops?

It happens inside buildings and outside. Walking inside Michael's house is especially bad. Walking outside it dips down to 50ish normally but it will like stutter and drop extremely low with no warnings. I stopped and turned the camera towards a wall and watched the fps and it dropped and I noticed some screen tearing 

4 minutes ago, Lonewolf33651 said:

It happens inside buildings and outside. Walking inside Michael's house is especially bad. Walking outside it dips down to 50ish normally but it will like stutter and drop extremely low with no warnings. I stopped and turned the camera towards a wall and watched the fps and it dropped and I noticed some screen tearing 

Alright, I'm going to guess that part of it is data streaming issues. Check if your storage device is being hit hard in Task Manager (the one that has GTA, anyway)

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

It's on my 1TB secondary hard drive. When I get home and get to playing again I'll have to look