Cheap Ryzen 7 ZEN+ Build w/ no GPU (for now)

Hardyous

I want to buy pc parts without a GPU for now. GPU will be added later as I want to stay for amd integrated graphics right now. Any tips? I want it for gaming and general use. 

- Thinking about overclocking (so ram and that can be cheaper).

Zen + has no GPU products, because technically the 2200g and 2400g are on the original architecture. What's your budget anyhow?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Zen + has no GPU products, because technically the 2200g and 2400g are on the original architecture. What's your budget anyhow?

^^^ Ryzen has no iGPU unless you go for the ones with a G after the name. Also, IIRC Ryzen benefits as much or more from faster RAM than overclocking to higher GHz, that may have only been Zen, not Zen + though (have been out of the loop for a couple months).

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

Yeah I forgot to mention it sorry. About 550ish. I was thinking about buying a full pc, but I preffer to ditch gpu for now, just want the integrated graphics for now. I don't know much about ryzen what I said was weird eheh

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HxWQGG

this might do. you can also buy mass storage HDD later.

edit: Feel free to remove the graphics card to save money, but the APU was selected with the GPU because it has higher clocks than ryzen 5 1400

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

10 minutes ago, Hardyous said:

I want to buy pc parts without a GPU for now. GPU will be added later as I want to stay for amd integrated graphics right now. Any tips? I want it for gaming and general use. 

- Thinking about overclocking (so ram and that can be cheaper).

Just get an R3 2200G system with that kind of budget.

Just be sure it has 3000/3200mhz RAM

Can get 16GBs of RAM so you don't have to worry about that in the future.

Picked that board as it has display port out which may be useful for a free-sync display upgrade. Otherwise get the B450 Pro 4 it's $20 less.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LpsHRJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LpsHRJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($94.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($101.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($149.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($67.87 @ OutletPC)
Case: Cougar - MX330-X ATX Mid Tower Case  ($31.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($45.59 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $492.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-27 17:59 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

^^^ Ryzen has no iGPU unless you go for the ones with a G after the name. Also, IIRC Ryzen benefits as much or more from faster RAM than overclocking to higher GHz, that may have only been Zen, not Zen + though (have been out of the loop for a couple months).

Thank you for the reply mate. I don't know much about them cpu's. About that, there are some motherboards that are not fitted for OC right? And is "ryzen ram compatibility" a thing?

1 minute ago, Hardyous said:

Thank you for the reply mate. I don't know much about them cpu's. About that, there are some motherboards that are not fitted for OC right? And is "ryzen ram compatibility" a thing?

Only thing that really matters is the type/maker of the RAM

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Hardyous said:

The A-series boards don't overclock(A320, A420.) Ram compatibility is dependent on motherboard, and you can check the QVL of your chosen board, but it might be more trouble than it's worth.

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Thanks man. Aprecciate your build, I'll thing over it. (I was thinking about a better gpu later, that's why 500 budget for now was a thing but I'll consider it)

Just now, Hardyous said:

Thanks man. Aprecciate your build, I'll thing over it. (I was thinking about a better gpu later, that's why 500 budget for now was a thing but I'll consider it)

Better off with just the APU, saving the rest until you can get at least an RX 570/580

Spoiler

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Pretty sure that issues was fixed with most boards via a bios flash, but if they get an older rev of the board/with an older bios, then ya they're more likely to have an issue.

what issue?

Primary PC:

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

edit: Feel free to remove the graphics card to save money, but the APU was selected with the GPU because it has higher clocks than ryzen 5 1400

Yes I was thinking about that, because I think it's more convinient for me right now. Later, better gpu will come. Thanks about that knowledge mate :D

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

When Ryzen came out there was an issue that people couldn't post with several types of ram, but many board makers pushed out new bios versions to fix that.

Oh, yes that is true, but RAM compatibility isn't universal, hence the qualified vendor list for ram kits and models. However, running into ram compatibility issues is very infrequent.

Primary PC:

20 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Just get an R3 2200G system with that kind of budget.

Just be sure it has 3000/3200mhz RAM

Can get 16GBs of RAM so you don't have to worry about that in the future.

Picked that board as it has display port out which may be useful for a free-sync display upgrade. Otherwise get the B450 Pro 4 it's $20 less.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LpsHRJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/LpsHRJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($94.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($101.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($149.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($67.87 @ OutletPC)
Case: Cougar - MX330-X ATX Mid Tower Case  ($31.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Cooler Master - MasterWatt 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($45.59 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $492.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-27 17:59 EDT-0400

Thanks for the help mate I'll consider it

6 hours ago, Hardyous said:

Ryzen RAM compatibility was a thing at launch, now they've fixed it with BIOS updates and any Zen+ CPUs (the 2000 series, like the R5 2600 or the R7 2700) should be even better with RAM compatibility. And as far as mobos go, you can overclock with a budget B350/450 mobo or a more expensive X370/470 board. The X series boards give you a little more control, but if you just wanna push a decent overclock and aren't trying to redline anything, go for a B series board. The only boards that can't OC are A series ones, but those don't have most of the features you'd want anyways so avoid them. 

I'll be able to give you more info some time tomorrow hopefully, my Ryzen 7 2700X and B450 mobo are supposed to get here then. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch