Headphone opinions

tikker

I've been looking for a new pair of cans and I've narrowed down my search to the following three (no particular order):

- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7

- Denon AH MM400

- Master & Dynamic MH40

mostly coming down to either the Denon or the M&D.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these headphones, as  I can't listen to them first hand. After watching reviews, I think the AT one is at the bottom of my selection, but I'd love to hear some opinions if people have them.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

36 minutes ago, tikker said:

I've been looking for a new pair of cans and I've narrowed down my search to the following three (no particular order):

- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7

- Denon AH MM400

- Master & Dynamic MH40

mostly coming down to either the Denon or the M&D.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these headphones, as  I can't listen to them first hand. After watching reviews, I think the AT one is at the bottom of my selection, but I'd love to hear some opinions if people have them.

You really need to try them yourself, because everyone's experience of the same sound quality may differ. On top of that, one must be able to put the experience into words which creates some sort of double subjectivity.

You could even speculate a triple subjectivity in the fact of the way you'd understand someone's narrative over their experience.

I remember spending more than an hour switching between the Bose Quietcomfort 35 & Bang&Olufsen Play H4 trying to decide which sound fit me the best.
In the end, I chose the Bose because the noice cancelling was better and this particular model was comfortable on my specific head.

My suggestion: Either you find some shop in which you can try them all, or you just take the ones that look the most comfortable to you and the one you dig the aesthetics the most

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

i do not have any experience with most of these but my friend owns a pair of AH MM400's and he loves them and sais they sound amazing and ive tried them and they are pretty crisp so i would recommend them i personally use the Asus ROG Centurion 7.1 which i love there amazing but are expensive 

so based on my friends judgment i would go with the AH MM400's but ive never tried the other 2

Arctic frost

my first build

cpu: intel i5 8600k

cpu cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 33 eSports ONE

motherboard: Asus ROG strix z370-E

ram: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2133

ssd: Kingston - A400 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

hdd: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

gpu: Asus - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Dual Series

case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White)

psu: EVGA - B3 550W 80+ Bronze 

thanks to @seoz for helping make the list :P and its based of her custom rig

5 minutes ago, Beer_Nontitju said:

You really need to try them yourself, because everyone's experience of the same sound quality may differ. On top of that, one must be able to put the experience into words which creates some sort of double subjectivity.

You could even speculate a triple subjectivity in the fact of the way you'd understand someone's narrative over their experience.

I remember spending more than an hour switching between the Bose Quietcomfort 35 & Bang&Olufsen Play H4 trying to decide which sound fit me the best.
In the end, I chose the Bose because the noice cancelling was better and this particular model was comfortable on my specific head.

My suggestion: Either you find some shop in which you can try them all, or you just take the ones that look the most comfortable to you and the one you dig the aesthetics the most

3 minutes ago, jevjev said:

i do not have any experience with most of these but my friend owns a pair of AH MM400's and he loves them and sais they sound amazing and ive tried them and they are pretty crisp so i would recommend them i personally use the Asus ROG Centurion 7.1 which i love there amazing but are expensive 

so based on my friends judgment i would go with the AH MM400's but ive never tried the other 2

Yeah I really wish there was a shop nearby that has both :/ I realize sound is very subjective, but other people's experiences still help. Being able to get the MH40s on B-stock is attractive...

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB