How is a plane safer than a car or whatever ? as in crashing or death

WolfLoverPro
Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Granted if you're in the middle of the ocean you won't be making it to land. But flotation devices exist and water landings are taught for a reason. It's not like ATC won't know you're going down if any of your radios are working.

Another thing I was going to add to my reply was this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Airways_Flight_38

The 777 didn't fare as well as the 767 in the other one, but still everyone survived.

Again fuel starvation but due to fuel-oil heat exchangers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_starvation#Fuel_exhaustion_and_starvation_incidents_on_aircraft

most incidents of this happening are not fatal, however there have been some.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

From my understanding it is not safer in the event of an actual crash. BUT statistically it is safer as more people get injured or die in car crashes than from plane crashes. But why is that? Um maybe because per hour we drive way more than we ride planes. A passenger plane can tops hold lile 100 people (guessing) maybe more (actually I think more cause I was on a small plane with like 80 peope on it not counting crew). So we have say 100K planes each holding like 150 people thats what 1.5 million people (likely more) compared to what? Over a billion cars and you have at least 1 person driving them, 1 Billion vs 1.5 million....hmmm way less people and way less planes compared to cars 1 billion cars to like 150K planes. Now imagine those cars driving way more often than those planes are operating (including runway time cause you could crash), statistically speaking you have a much larger sample (a huge magnitude) on top of that plane regulations are much more strict in the way planes are made, who can pilot them and how they are allowed to operate (a lot of rules dictate to the pilot when and where they can go, take off, land etc.) Cars don't have as strict of regulations anyone who can read and write can legally drive a car if they pass a cert. and that doesn't count those who drive without a permit. More people means more variables and those variables are less restricted and those person's each vary in vastly different ways.

But if you crash a plane your basiy going to die or be severally crippled while cars do the same yes but more frequently and with a larger population. So yes that's why they seem safer. But really in the even you role snake eyes your going to die... 

Flying is the safest form of transportation. The only way to tackle fear is to challenge yourself to do that you are afraid of doing over and over and over...... That's it! I was afraid of flying for some time but then I handled that fear. Soon I am going to fly to Barcelona, have already booked tickets on Fareboom.com. And by the way, airport security has dramatically increased since 9/11 and apart from the hoaxes and threats, there have been no hijackings or bombings since involving an aircraft. Also in a way to prevent further attacks. Cockpit doors have been significantly strengthened.

Any moron  an drive a car,  and frequently they do, but only the very select can fly a plane.  Statistically speaking this alone is going to favor planes over cars. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 7/26/2018 at 8:48 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

look they say planes are safer

OK TELL ME THIS

IF THE ENGINE CUTS OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEA BTICH YOU ARE FUKED AINT YOU>>??? YEAH EACTLY

You might be a bit of a wally...but you do get people talking xDxD

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!