Windows adware issue? winmoreprize.com

Pavilion

I'm having this issue with my pc; a tab opens by itself in chrome -removed- I think this is a new kind of adware that is hidden and can't be found. I searched online for this issue and found multiple articles discussing this issue, but no one found any solution yet!, my ESET security app is preventing the page from being accessed, but when I scan my computer nothing is found. Even when I search the apps that are installed on my pc nothing is suspicious. Task manages also has nothing suspicious running in the background?

any ideas what going on?

Security.PNG

Edited by GoodBytes
link removed

AMD Ryzen 1700x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

GTX 1070

16gb RAM 2333Mhz

500gb Samsung SSD

Windows 10 & Linux

1 hour ago, Pavilion said:

-snip-

What extensions - if any - do you have installed in Chrome?

Do these tabs show up in an Incognito window (you can right click the chrome icon to launch incognito directly without opening a normal window first)?

11 minutes ago, Tabs said:

What extensions - if any - do you have installed in Chrome?

Do these tabs show up in an Incognito window (you can right click the chrome icon to launch incognito directly without opening a normal window first)?

No, it just shows out of nowhere even when I don't click anything in chrome, sometimes I just open Youtube and while just watching a video it just opens a new tab and shows

AMD Ryzen 1700x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

GTX 1070

16gb RAM 2333Mhz

500gb Samsung SSD

Windows 10 & Linux

1 minute ago, Pavilion said:

No, it just shows out of nowhere even when I don't click anything in chrome, sometimes I just open Youtube and while just watching a video it just opens a new tab and shows

So just to clarify, do you see these tabs appear when you're browsing in Incognito mode? If not, it's possibly an extension you have installed. They aren't loaded in Incognito mode.

1 minute ago, Tabs said:

So just to clarify, do you see these tabs appear when you're browsing in Incognito mode? If not, it's possibly an extension you have installed. They aren't loaded in Incognito mode.

Now I will start to use the Incognito mode and get back to you if it appears again,

These are my extensions anything suspicious?

Extensions.PNG

AMD Ryzen 1700x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

GTX 1070

16gb RAM 2333Mhz

500gb Samsung SSD

Windows 10 & Linux

None that are enabled on there stand out as being overly suspicious so long as they were all installed from the store; I'd recommend removing the ones you don't use to reduce the list of candidates, or perhaps use different Chrome profiles with different extensions if you use them for different things.

If they show up in Incognito mode too, we can start looking elsewhere.

23 minutes ago, Tabs said:

None that are enabled on there stand out as being overly suspicious so long as they were all installed from the store; I'd recommend removing the ones you don't use to reduce the list of candidates, or perhaps use different Chrome profiles with different extensions if you use them for different things.

If they show up in Incognito mode too, we can start looking elsewhere.

The latest extension that I have installed is AdBlock, I'm doubting that this could be the reason

AMD Ryzen 1700x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

GTX 1070

16gb RAM 2333Mhz

500gb Samsung SSD

Windows 10 & Linux

3 hours ago, Pavilion said:

The latest extension that I have installed is AdBlock, I'm doubting that this could be the reason

What about plugins for software integration? For example Ace Player installs plugin for opening and viewing links directly in browser. And same time it runs adware which opens tab every time you open browser.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/26/2018 at 8:44 AM, LoGiCalDrm said:

What about plugins for software integration? For example Ace Player installs plugin for opening and viewing links directly in browser. And same time it runs adware which opens tab every time you open browser.

I have removed most of the plugins but still no luck? I don't know what is causing the tab to be opened to this particular website!

AMD Ryzen 1700x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

GTX 1070

16gb RAM 2333Mhz

500gb Samsung SSD

Windows 10 & Linux