NEED HELP ON MY GTX 1060 G1 GAMING

So i just got this gtx 1060 3gb g1 gaming that has an 8 pin connector and I needed an extension for the 8 pin cause it didn't reach but I can't find any 8 pin that matches up with my gtx 1060 like if you look on the 8 pin connector some are square and some are curved I can't find one that will match with my pc 8 pin and the gpu 8 pin if you get what i'm saying? can anyone help me? 

sounds like crappy power supply should upgrade it before it fries the PC

I got a 400w power supply ill check what it actually is but is there anything else I can do? 

it's a Rosewill RD400S

3 minutes ago, yarg said:

it's a Rosewill RD400S

Well it's not crappy you just need to find an 8-pin connector like an 8 pin horizontal or a 6+2 pin PCIe power adapter {MOLEX TO 4+4 8pin total connector } 

so i got the plugs right and everything but the gtx 1060 g1 gaming 3gb needs a 400w psu and i have that so i plug it in and now my pc wont turn on because its drawing too much power so i got to get a new psu:( 

3 hours ago, yarg said:

so i got the plugs right and everything but the gtx 1060 g1 gaming 3gb needs a 400w psu and i have that so i plug it in and now my pc wont turn on because its drawing too much power so i got to get a new psu:( 

told you its crappy power supply its not even bronze rated can get decent EVGA 500-600 for $30-40

okay so i got it to work and everything now i cant install the drivers for the gtx 1060 g1 gaming 3gb like when i try it just sends my pc into a black screen and i have to boot up in safe mode and then it just wont work anyone got anything for me?