No Post, Potentially Bent Mobo Pins

Neximus

After doing some overdue cleaning I had removed the CPU in an effort to get rid of the dust under the outside of the bracket.

I fear that during this process I had bent some of the pins of my motherboard.

Worked before the cleaning, but afterwards the system would power as normal but no video signals (2 different monitors, different cables, different ports) only “HDMI no signal”.

To keep the long story as short as possible these are the things I have tested and am fairly certain are not at fault:

External Power Cable

Internal Cables (Enitre Rebuild)

Case Power Button (It Works)

Ram (Both Sticks & Position)

PSU (Passes Paperclip Test)

GPU (Issues w/o it Installed)

SSD & HDD (HDD Spins and Issues w/o Either Being Installed)

* I am probably missing other things I checked, but trust me it was extensive troubleshooting.

After troubleshooting my way past each issues I thought of and some I find on google, I went ahead and reached the point where it was either a motherboard or CPU issue, I attempted to reseat the CPU (which research led me to believe could occasionally just have not been seated right - and as I had reseated it earlier - during cleaning - it could likely be the cause).

After reseating the CPU during troubleshooting the system stopped posting: Turning it on powers it for a second and then it stops. I’m under the impression that reseating it made it worse - inspection leads me to believe that somewhere along the process some pins on the motherboard became bent (most probably during the cleaning). I have taken pictures of the socket best I could, and I am fairly certain that the pins are bent but if I could get a second opinion on the issue it would be very appreciated.

Below is a link to an album of pictures taken, I know they aren’t terribly amazing photo quality - but I uploaded the best ones so hopefully you can find a few that show the potential problem areas.

https://imgur.com/gallery/LEsunpn

Build:

i5 4690k

MSI Z97 G45

2x4GB DDR3 Ram

Corsair AX760

Lastly I won’t be able to respond for a few hours (as I need to get some sleep tonight). Thank you very much for your time and effort for helping me.

From what I can tell, a bunch of those pins look bent...

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

6 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

From what I can tell, a bunch of those pins look bent...

Thats what it looked like to me, but I have never had an issue related to socket pins before so I wanted to make sure. Thank you for taking the time to double check. Do you by chance know of any reputable place I can purchase older motherboards (LGA 1150) for a reasonable price? I have seen some for over MSRP (on sites like Amazon) and some at a fair price (on eBay, but the listings are somewhat shady).

1 minute ago, Neximus said:

Thats what it looked like to me, but I have never had an issue related to socket pins before so I wanted to make sure. Thank you for taking the time to double check. Do you by chance know of any reputable place I can purchase older motherboards (LGA 1150) for a reasonable price? I have seen some for over MSRP (on sites like Amazon) and some at a fair price (on eBay, but the listings are somewhat shady).

Just go for ebay. They have great buyer protection, as long as you get back to them in a reasonable period of time.

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

2 minutes ago, LienusLateTips said:

Just go for ebay. They have great buyer protection, as long as you get back to them in a reasonable period of time.

Alright! Sounds good I’ll go ahead and purchase a motherboard off eBay, thank you again for the help I really appreciate it.

19 minutes ago, Neximus said:

Alright! Sounds good I’ll go ahead and purchase a motherboard off eBay, thank you again for the help I really appreciate it.

Make sure it's a highly rated seller. That's the one catch.

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Delta - Laptop