New graphics card messed up speakers?

Go to solution Solved by emosun,

go to sound settings and make sure your onboard audio is set as the default playback device , the card may be trying to send it's own audio via the hdmi to the monitor

I am a very budget oriented gamer who is currently saving up for a brand new PC. In order to keep my current PC relevant I upgraded my graphics card to a new RX 560 I found on Craigslist for $70, a great deal. The problem is when I installed the new graphics card and it’s drivers my audio jack suddenly stopped working. It would register that there was audio but nothing would come out of the speakers. Could it be in issue with the graphics card drivers? I have already tested the speakers and they work just fine with my phone.

Did you made sure to ground yourself while putting the card in, and turned off the psu and unplug it before putting in? Cause I fried my audio controller doing that once when the gpu io shield touched the audio chip. 

On 7/23/2018 at 12:52 AM, Rainbow Dash said:

Did you made sure to ground yourself while putting the card in, and turned off the psu and unplug it before putting in? Cause I fried my audio controller doing that once when the gpu io shield touched the audio chip. 

I was grounded and the computer was completely unplugged and turned off