S7 edge pink line of death

So let me start be establishing I know this was a very poor decision and past me thought I was the bees knees.

Jumping into it I had some shit budget Samsung phone the Galaxy Grand Prime. I had it for about 5 years and seeking an upgrade in may i bought what was described as an S7 International version which was seller refurbished the pictures looked fine I bid I won got an S7 edge International version for $300 USD on May 30. I get it on June 2nd and it works and looks like a gem then on June 11 the very thin pink line of death appears. I pay no mind since it's not that bad totally livable, we get to July 4th and  my phone over night  went from a single line to a centimeter wide of pink down the center right of the Phone and now a few days ago started a dead zone across the center of the phone where my touch is not registered. Samsung US (I presently reside in Texas) directed me to Samsung Norway (Original point of sale) who also provided little help, basically instructing me to turn it off and on again. I think it's worth noting I have been very conscious of my phones temperature and while in my possession it has not been dropped.  All of my local phone repair shops even the creepy guy on Facebook can't/ won't replace the LCD on my S7 edge so what can I do right now the only 2 options I see are attempt it myself or drop another 300-500 dollars on a new phone (this time an actual NEW phone.) Thoughts, advice and other options i'm not seeing are more than welcome as well as possible suggestions for a phone replacement.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 minute ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I appreciate the response, but alas I have tried it all there is a pressure point at the top to the left of the camera that when pressed on makes it go away but there is still a dead zone on the center of the phone, ergo its hardware. I have tried everything you an find online I promise you </3 =(

9 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Rather not waste $ fixing something with a flawed design

Get maybe an OP5T/OP6 if it works on your carrier network

I'm going to see if Norway Samsung will fix it using handy dandy google translate but the one plus 5T (probably the one I would get based on monetary setting right now) may not be software supported for that long based on that video linus did reviewing the 5T

EDIT:

Do you think it's reasonable to look at the OP5 or is it not even worth it?

10 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Why consider the OP5 when you have doubts about the newer 5T?

You dont like the bigger screen?

Official software support is overrated...

If it matters to you that much, you will get far longer support through custom roms, than any official support including Pixels and iPhones.

I have my five year old S4 is running Oreo...

I'm scoping where I can try to keep price down, right now my road is forked between dropping 300-350 on fixing the Edge or dropping another 500-600 dollars on a new phone. I guess I'm trying to rationalize wasting $300 on the S7 edge at this point. depression. 

6 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

The OP5 will cut it I guess

Basically only difference is the screen

Unless you have comments about your S7E that I can use to find a more suitable replacement

I mean I really liked the S7 edge I don't have any complaints about it but looking at the Oneplus website that 10% off for students might make the OP6 a valid choice not to mention the free shipping, do you know if they ship from china or from within the US?

11 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Seems a good deal

AFAIK they ship it from whichever country version of the site you buy from.

Doubt you'll get one from China because the Chinese get a separate operating system (HydrogenOS instead of OxygenOS) made for them with their language and to meet their local regulations.

Just for the sake of exploring options, what other brands would you recommend looking at, I am a headphone jack person above all else lol I don't care about the speaker I keep my music to myself lol

11 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

We're much alike it seems

You should look at individual models instead of overall brand.

For example your otherwise great S7E is afflicted by the purple screen that doesn't affect later generations

Can't direct you to anything without knowing your preferences...

If you will accept a non-flagship device? I know a lot of people don't need flagship performance at all.

I prefer headphone jack, a larger display, i.e. the s7 edge size is perfect. Camera isint too important, need at least 32gb of space. But looking at the OP6 I like it more and more

EDIT:

I don't care where it comes from just so long as it works.

5 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

OP6 would be a definite upgrade from the S7E

A great selling point of OnePlus phones is the ample ram, clean OS, and good battery. Which translates into a phone that lasts a long time.

Although if you want to save on $$ you can opt for something like the G6 or Nokia 6.1

Also what carrier you on? OP6 won't work on CDMA network

On that pimping cricket wireless ?