Keyboard wont work on boot (Gigabyte Mobo)

youmanyousef

This is intresting.

Ok so for a few days my ssd was acting up and after some dumbass system reserved/boot manager on a diffrent drive I fixed it.

I did go to my Gigabyte on post to change to fast boot mode and turn off watermark or whatever you call the splash when you start.

Instead I got American Megatrends splash instead, of course. Now del, f12, and every key wont work anymore, at least on post

The keyboard (the which im using right now to type on the same computer this is happening too) is a Corsair k65. The motherboard is a h110m-a-cf.

I might add that pressing del worked before.

I saw a post online that says to check I need to use a PS/2 Keyboard which is STUPID. Im not going to spend extra money on a keyboard just to change something a few times.

Anything else I might do to solve this problem?

Unfortunately, I'm going to back [anonymous] here and say that a PS/2 keyboard would be your easiest (if not only) option. PS/2 peripherals operate completely driverless, unlike USB devices, which makes them much more compatible with BIOSes and UEFIs. Once you get booted into Windows, you can get the proper drivers installed for your Corsair keyboard, then just return the PS/2 keyboard, never to be seen again.

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

17 minutes ago, kimsejin5 said:

Unfortunately, I'm going to back [anonymous] here and say that a PS/2 keyboard would be your easiest (if not only) option. PS/2 peripherals operate completely driverless, unlike USB devices, which makes them much more compatible with BIOSes and UEFIs. Once you get booted into Windows, you can get the proper drivers installed for your Corsair keyboard, then just return the PS/2 keyboard, never to be seen again.

-_-cry

I cant believe it man thats like the whole reason it says del 

Imagine if the motherboard didnt have a ps/2 keyboard

I have a ps2 controller would that work? jk

1 hour ago, youmanyousef said:

-_-cry

I cant believe it man thats like the whole reason it says del 

Imagine if the motherboard didnt have a ps/2 keyboard

I have a ps2 controller would that work? jk

That's why it's unlikely that port is going to disappear anytime soon. At least not for your off the shelf boards. Some OEMs are doing away with PS/2.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580