Is my my PC boot up time slow?

Speed Weed
Go to solution Solved by themctipers,

thats still quite fast

as long as its fast enough for you it's fine.

I have 4 SATA devices. 1x SSD, 2x HDDs, and 1x optical drive. 

Total time from pushing the power button to the Windows logon screen: 00.23.42

POST time: 00.06.68 - 00.07.55

Windows logo appear to the logon screen: 00.08.18 - 00.23.42

Do I begin timer for the boot up time after the POST or before the POST? 

thats still quite fast

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

thats still quite fast

Do I begin timer for the boot up time test after the POST or before the POST? 

1 minute ago, DaPhuc said:

Do I begin timer for the boot up time test after the POST or before the POST? 

after POST as the POST time would differ between motherboards and BIOS revisions

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

you can use glary utilities to see the boot time, install it and then reboot and in one of the main tabs you'll see your boot time.  I say if the time it boots in is adequate to you, then don't bother doing much more than changing the startup options in the task manager.

8 minutes ago, 88pockets said:

you can use glary utilities to see the boot time, install it and then reboot and in one of the main tabs you'll see your boot time.  I say if the time it boots in is adequate to you, then don't bother doing much more than changing the startup options in the task manager.

Ehhh. I don't trust software to calculate boot up time because I find some of them or all of them to be inaccurate. 

@themctipers Oh okay. 

true enough, but again boot time doesn't matter all that much, I suggest a fresh install of Windows every year or so and to keep startup items to a min, keep fast boot on in the UEFI/BIOS and eventually upgrade to an NVMe SSD if you want sub 10 sec boots, otherwise who really cares, then again I rarely turn off my . computer, just occasionally reboot to switch which operating system im running.

2 minutes ago, 88pockets said:

true enough, but again boot time doesn't matter all that much, I suggest a fresh install of Windows every year or so and to keep startup items to a min, keep fast boot on in the UEFI/BIOS and eventually upgrade to an NVMe SSD if you want sub 10 sec boots, otherwise who really cares, then again I rarely turn off my . computer, just occasionally reboot to switch which operating system im running.

But they are pain in the butt to install and uninstall. In addition, they can easily get dust on it. 

2 minutes ago, DaPhuc said:

But they are pain in the butt to install and uninstall. In addition, they can easily get dust on it. 

huh, what gets dust on it and whats a pain to install?  

3 minutes ago, 88pockets said:

huh, what gets dust on it and whats a pain to install?  

The M.2 SSD. 

you would only need to put in an m.2 once and everything in the computer gets dusty, idk what i suggested in usually what i do for my PC, I reintstall windows occasionally as the registry gets fragmented as you install and uninstall apps and everything seems to run nicer with a fresh install, hitting the inside of your pc with compressed air every 3 months is also a good practice, though not always necessary.