Help switching from iOS to Android

So I've made a big upgrade from an iPhone 5s to a OnePlus 6 (had the iPhone for 4 years), and so far I'm loving it. But I can't for the life of me find a good, free program to transfer my texts over. The best thing I've found is iSMS2droid, which was hit or miss as to which messages it actually transferred. I could understand problems with transferring iMessages, I'm not sure it got any of those, but there are some friends that have only had Androids that their texts are completely missing, or my half of the conversations are often gone. And then sometimes large swaths of time will be skipped. My mom has always used iPhones, and it grabbed some messages pre-2017, but nothing past that.

Is this a taboo subject that just isn't allowed to be discussed? Even on this announcement forum: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/introducing-the-oneplus-switch.738493/ only one person asks about it, and he never gets a valid response.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I figured this was mostly Apple's fault. I followed that guide 100% through the backup with iTunes and putting the file on my OP6, but then it starts to deviate from the guide a little. In iSMS2droid I then select the message file, and then it runs for a bit. Right now I'm letting it run again to see if it fixes itself at all. As far as what's related to what, I'm not sure if my backup is corrupt, or the backup was restored incorrectly, or it was transferred incorrectly, or it's the app itself. Many points of failure there.

17 hours ago, Ahajha said:

So I've made a big upgrade from an iPhone 5s to a OnePlus 6 (had the iPhone for 4 years), and so far I'm loving it. But I can't for the life of me find a good, free program to transfer my texts over. The best thing I've found is iSMS2droid, which was hit or miss as to which messages it actually transferred. I could understand problems with transferring iMessages, I'm not sure it got any of those, but there are some friends that have only had Androids that their texts are completely missing, or my half of the conversations are often gone. And then sometimes large swaths of time will be skipped. My mom has always used iPhones, and it grabbed some messages pre-2017, but nothing past that.

Is this a taboo subject that just isn't allowed to be discussed? Even on this announcement forum: https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/introducing-the-oneplus-switch.738493/ only one person asks about it, and he never gets a valid response.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Very good question! So glad you ask. Start by throwing your iPhone into the trash. Next go to your local retailers and purchase an Android phone. 

Edit: oh, you have one plus. Use the switch.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

If it means anything, I haven't updated past iOS 10. 11 and 12 just seemed annoying, and I was kinda afraid it was going to have negative affects on the already slow phone.

1 minute ago, wasab said:

Very good question! So glad you ask. Start by throwing your iPhone into the trash. Next go to your local retailers and purchase an Android phone. 

I.... Already have the phone. And I still need the old one to get my stuff off of it.

1 minute ago, Ahajha said:

I.... Already have the phone. And I still need the old one to get my stuff off of it.

Yeah, I updated the response. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

2 minutes ago, wasab said:

Yeah, I updated the response. 

I looked at that, but apparently you can only use that from android to OP.

40 minutes ago, Ahajha said:

I looked at that, but apparently you can only use that from android to OP.

You need to download the iOS version of the app. Check appstore for oneplus switch 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

There is only one version of the app, and I just checked, it only works when transferring from other Androids.