Cheapest place to get Windows 10?

Random_User123

Like any cheap key stores or eBay sellers that are trusted? 
If so any links?
Location USA
Budget: Like under 10$

1 minute ago, Random_User123 said:

You don't need to buy windows 10 you can install it without a key

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

You don't need to buy windows 10 you can install it without a key

This. The key just unlocks a few features that you can live without.

3 minutes ago, Random_User123 said:

If so any links?
Location USA

How? Do I just get a download from my laptop?

3 minutes ago, Random_User123 said:

If so any links?
Location USA

Kinguin.

How do you not know of these guys

You expect me to reply then you'd best QUOTE me so I can........thanks

Simple PC Parts list to reference for other Users:

Case: Meshify C

CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.8

Mobo: ASRock AB350 Pro4

Ram: 2 x 8gb (Corsair RGB Pro)

GPU: XFX RX 580 8gb - Clocks: Core @1386mhz, memory @2000mhz

Storage:

Boot drive - 120gb NVME Corsair MP500

Main Storage drive - 500gb 860 EVO

Archival/Backup drive - 2TB Black WD

Mouse: Logi M570 for work, and a G502 for gaming

PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650 80+ Gold

OS: And of course Win 10 Pro, because Linux ain't fully baked yet.

Monitors: (27in monitors)

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

1 minute ago, EPENEX said:

This. The key just unlocks a few features that you can live without.

I don't like watermarks and I like my background ..

1 minute ago, Random_User123 said:

I don't like watermarks and I like my background ..

You can still change your background in windows 10, just use their media creation tool

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

7 hours ago, Streetguru said:

You can still change your background in windows 10, just use their media creation tool

I'd rather just get a key for cheap ..

7 hours ago, TheReal1st said:

Kinguin.

How do you not know of these guys

They sell it for 30$... 

6 minutes ago, Random_User123 said:

They sell it for 30$... 

Ya would you rather pay 150 thought not. And they actually have a support branch to back up there service. 

I mean you can find anything for free if you look hard enough but I wouldn't skimp on the Fricken OS your PC components are clinging to. Would you?

edit: heres a better deal. 

Link

you pay 15 bucks more and you get office for life on 1 pc and a year of bitdefender as well

edit2: Just realized you have a budget of.........What $10 how in the hell do you only have that much to buy a DAMN OS?? If your that broke, just use linux cuz not authorized win 10's are finicky when u try to activate them later on. 

Storage:

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

5 minutes ago, Random_User123 said:

They sell it for 30$... 

The the answer to your first question is no.  There is not a place to get a legit windows 10 key for $10. 

Kinguin and sites like it are the cheapest way or you can install now, save up till you have the $30 for kinguin, then make the watermark go away by activating it.

Just so you are aware, Kinguin is a grey market site, so the legality of how the sellers got these keys is up in the air. Do note that you would have to go through Windows' phone activation procedure to completely activate it.

If that doesn't bother you, then Kinguin is a cheap source for Windows 10 keys.

7 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

The the answer to your first question is no.  There is not a place to get a legit windows 10 key for $10. 

Kinguin and sites like it are the cheapest way or you can install now, save up till you have the $30 for kinguin, then make the watermark go away by activating it.

If he only has that small of a budget. I imagine saving to get another 20 would be hard. So why not just get linux a much better OS that doesn't nueter features by using a trial version. ehh?

7 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Just so you are aware, Kinguin is a grey market site, so the legality of how the sellers got these keys is up in the air. Do note that you would have to go through Windows' phone activation procedure to completely activate it.

If that doesn't bother you, then Kinguin is a cheap source for Windows 10 keys.

Windows phone activation?? 

Thats not how it goes at all. 

You buy a key they send you the key. You enter in said key after booting from win 10 USB when it prompts u and your done. 

Storage:

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

3 minutes ago, TheReal1st said:

If he only has that small of a budget. I imagine saving to get another 20 would be hard. So why not just get linux a much better OS that doesn't nueter features by using a trial version. ehh?

Maybe.  As long as the software he wants to run will work on Linux.

Windows phone activation?? 

Thats not how it goes at all. 

You buy a key they send you the key. You enter in said key after booting from win 10 USB when it prompts u and your done. 

Have you bought from them?

eBay has keys for cheap. Never had a issue. Everyone has a opinion on 'legit' Window's keys. To each their own though.

7 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Maybe.  As long as the software he wants to run will work on Linux.

Ya thats my worry is he is likely just a gamer who didn't price out his shit right. So he got screwed in the end. Meaning he likely wants steam to run fine on it. Hmmmm guess its his choice to make.

Seriously tho 30 bucks isn't that much, wish he would have budgted out his parts more that is what basic math is for. Or PCpartpicker I guess 

7 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Have you bought from them?

Lol ya why would I desribe in detail otherwise. That is LITERALLY what I did.

Also bought Steam keys worked fine

edit: Have u been screwed by them? Cause with my experience they have been pretty awesome. And I didn't even have to buy the dumb 2 buck protection support they still help you. 

7 hours ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

eBay has keys for cheap. Never had a issue.

You realize ebay sellers are also scamming cucks, that are really hard to find out on your own whos said scamming cuck. If you really need to save 20 bucks I guess you can take the risk. Of Microsoft revoking the key after 2-3 years then your bricked. Soooo

Storage:

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

2 minutes ago, TheReal1st said:

Lol ya why would I desribe in detail otherwise. That is LITERALLY what I did.

Also bought Steam keys worked fine

You must have been a lucky one then. I didn't have that luxury and had to do the phone activation that's shown in the product page in a red box.

2 minutes ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

You must have been a lucky one then. I didn't have that luxury and had to do the phone activation that's shown in the product page in a red box.

Ouch, well good point. 

But in the end you did get a legite copy of Windows as those who buy from them do. Sucks you got the bad end of the stick. ://

Storage:

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

12 minutes ago, TheReal1st said:

You realize ebay sellers are also scamming cucks, that are really hard to find out on your own whos said scamming cuck. If you really need to save 20 bucks I guess you can take the risk. Of Microsoft revoking the key after 2-3 years then your bricked. Soooo

You get what you pay for. The only issue I've had with a few is when I reformat the key no longer works. One seller even advertised that which is nice. What's the difference between spending $25-30 on Kinguin or $5 on eBay? The risks are the same. I know for damn sure I'm not dropping any where near $100 for a Windows key. To each their own. 

33 minutes ago, Random_User123 said:

If so any links?
Location USA

/r/microsoftsoftwareswap on Reddit. It's not <$10, but it's fairly cheap and reliable. I bought my license for 8.1 Pro, Office 2013, and Adobe CS6 Master Collection there, haven't had any issues with them.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM &nbsp;140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM &nbsp;120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM &nbsp;120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B) &nbsp;LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

1 minute ago, onlybuilt4cubanxlinx said:

You get what you pay for. The only issue I've had with a few is when I reformat the key no longer works. One seller even advertised that which is nice. What's the difference between spending $25-30 on Kinguin or $5 on eBay? The risks are the same. To each their own. 

Well there aren't risks with Kinguin think of them as a retailer basically. This is so because they have a support phone line to call to fix whatever crap your dealing with. Ebay sellers if your lucky will respond with a "Sorry can't help you" Likely not since you just spent $5 meaning you mean nothing to said Ebay seller cause 20 more will buy a key real quick. 

Point is Ya your paying 25 more but if something goes wrong you can call and get a new key that won't get revoked after 2-3 years like I've seen so many who buy from even trustworthy Sellers have happen to them. 

I'll chose a trustworthy source that won't fuck me over in the end. Since I only buy an OS once I'd rather buy a good one so I won't have to buy another. How bout U?

Storage:

TN - VG278Q @144hz 

IPS - VP279Q-P @60hz 

I've never been one to advocate piracy so I buy my keys right from Microsoft.  It's the easiest way to get the genuine product.  Dicking around on ebay and other sites is a good way to burn 25 bucks.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Well there aren't risks with Kinguin think of them as a retailer basically. This is so because they have a support phone line to call to fix whatever crap your dealing with. Ebay sellers if your lucky will respond with a "Sorry can't help you" Likely not since you just spent $5 meaning you mean nothing to said Ebay seller cause 20 more will buy a key real quick. 

Point is Ya your paying 25 more but if something goes wrong you can call and get a new key that won't get revoked after 2-3 years like I've seen so many who buy from even trustworthy Sellers have happen to them. 

I'll chose a trustworthy source that won't fuck me over in the end. Since I only buy an OS once I'd rather buy a good one so I won't have to buy another. How bout U?

I would never lump Kinguin into being a trustworthy seller.