Is there a program to adjust fan curve on a Macbook Pro?

My brother recently bought a second hand 2014 15 inch Macbook Pro with 4980HQ and 750m. Everything runs great except he complains the wrist rest area behind the keyboard gets too warm under light use (browsing web, etc). 

I'm thinking of adjusting the curve so the fan will run a bit faster during light use. The only software I found sets a constant RPM, it can't adjust the curve. Does anyone know a software to adjust the curve?

38 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Mac fan control is awesome. I'd give it a try.

https://www.crystalidea.com/macs-fan-control

There doesn't seem to be a way to to adjust a curve in that though. Just setting constant temperature, or adjusting starting/max temperature.

Also, it reports 37c on the palm rest on idle, what are you guys getting?

8 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

There doesn't seem to be a way to to adjust a curve in that though. Just setting constant temperature, or adjusting starting/max temperature.

Also, it reports 37c on the palm rest on idle, what are you guys getting?

It'll do the job. Play with the starting/max temps until you get the thermals you want.

I use it on my macbook air and it no longer runs warm. I think I have mine set to increase at 50 and max at 85 based off the CPU diode.

55 minutes ago, LIQUIDFOX00200 said:

Where to buy this fan??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013GXB8SU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i6TGxbDBRAZZN

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition