Microphone doesn't work on my computer, but does on others.

So I built a custom gaming rig and my Razer Kraken Pro will not work when I plug it in to the microphone jacks front panel or I/O in the back, with or without the splitter. When i try my headset on other devices like my hp-pavillion 2000 or my iphone 4 it works just fine. I am really at a loss and could really use some help. This is the first problem I've had with my PC and I don't know the steps I could take to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated and if you need anymore information just let me know and I will be happy to provide it.

DxDiag.txt

Did you plug in the internal audio header?

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

Yes of course, I made sure all the plugs are in.

Did you configure the front panel sound appropriately in the BIOS?

Motherboard?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Mic is not muted, and how do I configure the sound in the BIOS. I have the ASROCK 287 pro3 MOBO?

Mic is not muted, and how do I configure the sound in the BIOS. I have the ASROCK 287 pro3 MOBO?

Many motherboards have a setting for how the type of front panel sound should be configured. I see on page 25 of the user manual an outline for connecting the front panel header based on the type of sound. There is a note there about the Windows utility for completing certain configurations. Also pg 70 of the manual describes a number of BIOS settings that may apply.

So I built a custom gaming rig and my Razer Kraken Pro will not work when I plug it in to the microphone jacks front panel or I/O in the back, with or without the splitter. When i try my headset on other devices like my hp-pavillion 2000 or my iphone 4 it works just fine. I am really at a loss and could really use some help. This is the first problem I've had with my PC and I don't know the steps I could take to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated and if you need anymore information just let me know and I will be happy to provide it.

attachicon.gifDxDiag.txt

What OS are you using? Have you checked to see if you have the microphone enabled in Windows?

Right-click speaker near your clock @ bottom right -> Recording Devices -> Make sure you have entries in there and that none are disabled. Plug in your Microphone and do a Mic Test.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

So when I have the boost set to 30 db and I scream I can faintly hear my voice in playback. When I do hear my voice faintly in the background it is covered up by so much white noise. The device shows up in the recording too. Windows 7.

So when I have the boost set to 30 db and I scream I can faintly hear my voice in playback. When I do hear my voice faintly in the background it is covered up by so much white noise. The device shows up in the recording too. Windows 7.

I had the same Problem with my Razer Kraken Pro.The Splitter didn´t work on the front connectors but it worked when i pluggged it in the mobo 

I plugged it into the back too, and it doesn't work there. It does work when I plug it into my laptop or my brother's computer though. I'm at a loss.

I plugged it into the back too, and it doesn't work there. It does work when I plug it into my laptop or my brother's computer though. I'm at a loss.

Have you gone into Control Panel | Hardware and Sound | Manage audio devices | Recording tab? If so, do you see your microphone?

Yes of course, it is there.

And does that display show any levels when you speak into the microphone?

Yes but if I make it so I can hear what is happening its all just static. Unless I scream at the top of my lungs I cant hear any voice.

Ok, Now I just completely did a reinstall of my audio drivers. Now that worked but the problem still persists in the front mic port. Back is just fine though.

Ok, Now I just completely did a reinstall of my audio drivers. Now that worked but the problem still persists in the front mic port. Back is just fine though.

Glad you got something working. Did you also re-install the drivers for the front-panel microphone?

Something in the driver chain and settings. Have you played with the boost and levels?

Yes the boost at 30db and levels at 100 and it it still can only pick me up if I yell.

If I am not mistaken, it could be a problem with the front port audio itself. The front port cable can start loosing signal due to the length of it and due to a noise and vibrations inside the case. And the´re is not so much you can do about it.

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

If I am not mistaken, it could be a problem with the front port audio itself. The front port cable can start loosing signal due to the length of it and due to a noise and vibrations inside the case. And the´re is not so much you can do about it.

The audio port works just fine and they both route to the same spot on the MOBO. Would it be covered under Coirsairs warranty and would I be able to send it back in for repair?

Ah sorry I miss read :) Let me ask, are the front mic port works with another mic, or it is do the same thing ? Sometimes they have problems with certain headsets (doesn´t mean the headset or mic is bad) sometimes they don´t work at all or badly. If it doesn´t work with another mic, then there is strong possibility that the front mic port is bad and it should be covered by warranty :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

Ah sorry I miss read :) Let me ask, are the front mic port works with another mic, or it is do the same thing ? Sometimes they have problems with certain headsets (doesn´t mean the headset or mic is bad) sometimes they don´t work at all or badly. If it doesn´t work with another mic, then there is strong possibility that the front mic port is bad and it should be covered by warranty :)

So I tried my friends Siberia headset and that worked in the front ports. So I don't know what the problem is. You have been a great help as well.