Final build thoughts?

Finally finished my build and would love some feedback : https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/39xF4q

I'm going to be using this on a 1080p build 144hz monitor. Am going for a white theme with the RGB. One color will do me fine. If i see rainbows I'm going to have a seizure. My build budget was around £2000

My main 3 components which i want to get recommendations about are:

Cooler: I did so much research on this it hurts, i wasn't sure if i should go for the x62 or the h115i proor even the Noctua - NH-D15, however i decided to stick with the x62. I'm hoping it lives up to what i think it can do. Keep the 8700k cooled while also look good in the case. However i wanted to know if people think i should go for the Noctua - NH-D15, then buy the fans which are black with black.swap heatsink , but I',m not sure if its worth the hassle. Also i was worried about the future and that it may block Ram slots if i wanted to go for 32gb which I'm still thinking about. I live in Sweden right now so its always cold so not sure if thats going to help anything :)

Case: I had three options here : "Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S" , "NZXT - S340 ellite" , "Fractal Design - Define R6" I think the 400s looks great and has had a great amount of positive reviews. I also got 3 "Corsair - LL140" fans to add in. Would love some opinions on this.

Storage: I know people have been saying to get the 970 evo 500gb but i saw the "Crucial - MX500 1TB" and its a really good deal and wanted to know if its stupid to do this or not?

Again i would just love some feedback on parts that you might change or if you have had any experience with these. Last time i built a computer was 6 years ago so a lot has changed :)

Thanks xx

Id rather take the 1TB mx500 

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

12 minutes ago, 19_blackie_73 said:

Id rather take the 1TB mx500 

I was thinking so 2 , but some people were saying get the 970 but i think i will stick with the mx500, i looked at the speed etc , its like 3 seconds faster on the 970 , i can wait :)

If you want to tempered glass I'd recommend the fractal design meshify c (personal own this case)i like the Dark TG version. as the d6 with a window kind of defeat the purpose of the d6 unless you get the solid side panel. the other to cases are nice but do coke the air intake from the front of the case.

My recommendation are:

Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark TG

X62 or one the of Dark rock pro CPU cooler(competes with the d-15 but looks better IMO)

mx500 1tb

*not the best picture but whatever

20180715_151515.jpg

1 hour ago, narrdarr said:

If you want to tempered glass I'd recommend the fractal design meshify c (personal own this case)i like the Dark TG version. as the d6 with a window kind of defeat the purpose of the d6 unless you get the solid side panel. the other to cases are nice but do coke the air intake from the front of the case.

My recommendation are:

Fractal Design Meshify C - Dark TG

X62 or one the of Dark rock pro CPU cooler(competes with the d-15 but looks better IMO)

mx500 1tb

Thank you so much for the information, ye i was looking into the meshify c but i saw a video on how if i put a 280 mm Rad in the front and with the 1080ti if its a long card it wont fit at all so thats why i stayed away with it, plus to me the case looked a bit small and the p400s looked a bit bigger :)

This DDR4 adds more white to your build and has a larger RGB area than the other ki though it is more likely to get blocked by a  large air cooler like the Noctua: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/ctZ2FT/team-night-hawk-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-tf2d416g3200hc16cdc01

this DDR4 option costs a little more than your original one and also adds more white and a larger RGB area: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/vfDJ7P/corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-cmw16gx4m2c3200c16w

Both have the same clock and timings as the Trident Z you chose.

Also if it is in the budget I suggest putting the minimal necessary investment towards this amazing thermal compound: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/XHqbt6/thermal-grizzly-kryonaut-1g-1g-thermal-paste-tg-k-001-rs

Other than that, you seem to have a pretty rock solid build plan going and I'm honestly a little jealous lmao.

Rawr.

6 hours ago, Blindeagle said:

Finally finished my build and would love some feedback : https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/39xF4q

I'm going to be using this on a 1080p build 144hz monitor. Am going for a white theme with the RGB. One color will do me fine. If i see rainbows I'm going to have a seizure. My build budget was around £2000

My main 3 components which i want to get recommendations about are:

Cooler: I did so much research on this it hurts, i wasn't sure if i should go for the x62 or the h115i proor even the Noctua - NH-D15, however i decided to stick with the x62. I'm hoping it lives up to what i think it can do. Keep the 8700k cooled while also look good in the case. However i wanted to know if people think i should go for the Noctua - NH-D15, then buy the fans which are black with black.swap heatsink , but I',m not sure if its worth the hassle. Also i was worried about the future and that it may block Ram slots if i wanted to go for 32gb which I'm still thinking about. I live in Sweden right now so its always cold so not sure if thats going to help anything :)

Case: I had three options here : "Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S" , "NZXT - S340 ellite" , "Fractal Design - Define R6" I think the 400s looks great and has had a great amount of positive reviews. I also got 3 "Corsair - LL140" fans to add in. Would love some opinions on this.

Storage: I know people have been saying to get the 970 evo 500gb but i saw the "Crucial - MX500 1TB" and its a really good deal and wanted to know if its stupid to do this or not?

Again i would just love some feedback on parts that you might change or if you have had any experience with these. Last time i built a computer was 6 years ago so a lot has changed :)

Thanks xx

There is no point of getting a 1080 Ti with a 1080p screen. Its way to overkill and could give diminishing returns in the end. Better save the money and go 1070 Ti or 1080 unless your planning on getting a 1440p screen soon and in that case you might as well hold of for the new gpu's.

7 hours ago, OreoPandas said:

There is no point of getting a 1080 Ti with a 1080p screen. Its way to overkill and could give diminishing returns in the end. Better save the money and go 1070 Ti or 1080 unless your planning on getting a 1440p screen soon and in that case you might as well hold of for the new gpu's.

I'd second @OreoPandas here. I have a 1070 and it handles 1440p 144hz for the most part with gsync, I can't imagine having more power than that for just 1080p with today's games. If I were building this, I would get a 1080 or 1070ti to save ~£270 and pocket the savings for future upgrades. Or get more RAM, but that's just me and my endless need for multitasking performance.

i didn't catch that it was a 1080 ti with a 1080p display.. that a bad idea. you'll get so much tearing. from the gtx 1080ti pushing to many frame to the display. and if you use vsync you wont be utilizing you BA card

9 hours ago, Sernefarian said:

This DDR4 adds more white to your build and has a larger RGB area than the other ki though it is more likely to get blocked by a  large air cooler like the Noctua: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/ctZ2FT/team-night-hawk-rgb-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-tf2d416g3200hc16cdc01

this DDR4 option costs a little more than your original one and also adds more white and a larger RGB area: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/vfDJ7P/corsair-vengeance-rgb-pro-16gb-2-x-8gb-ddr4-3200-memory-cmw16gx4m2c3200c16w

Both have the same clock and timings as the Trident Z you chose.

Also if it is in the budget I suggest putting the minimal necessary investment towards this amazing thermal compound: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/XHqbt6/thermal-grizzly-kryonaut-1g-1g-thermal-paste-tg-k-001-rs

Other than that, you seem to have a pretty rock solid build plan going and I'm honestly a little jealous lmao.

I have seen people go crazy about Thermal Grizzly why is it so good? is the pre applied paste not any good? Thank you also for the ram options, they seem so nice :)

7 hours ago, OreoPandas said:

Yes this is 100% true, i know the new gtx cards might be getting released end of OCT so i might wait and see but ye i know its overkill but u got to have some fun right :)

1 hour ago, Blindeagle said:

I have seen people go crazy about Thermal Grizzly why is it so good? is the pre applied paste not any good? Thank you also for the ram options, they seem so nice :)

It is so good because against nearly all competitors in the thermal compound space it results in a cooler computer, and the price it does it at is pretty difficult to argue with.

Rawr.

6 hours ago, Blindeagle said:

Yes this is 100% true, i know the new gtx cards might be getting released end of OCT so i might wait and see but ye i know its overkill but u got to have some fun right :)

Im just saying that there’s no way I would get a 1080Ti now as the price of them will drop a lot and if you want a 1080Ti you might as well wait and get the new cards. With a 1080p screen you would get over 100 FPS on ultra on almost every game with a 1080 or 1070 Ti 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2018 at 6:04 PM, narrdarr said:

@Blindeagle What did you end up getting? are you going to post any pics?

actually travelling right now, will build when i get back in a week :) however i still have no idea if i should wait till end of august to see new gtx 1180