Under $1000 first build

joshuamurphy

So my friend and I were talking about Steam sales and I asked if him if he would get a gaming PC. He said yes but only if it was under $1000

Could you please look at this and tell me what you think?

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/2rWdL

PC will be used for gaming and the budget is $1000 NZD max (roughly USD $815)
Many thanks

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

So my friend and I were talking about Steam sales and I asked if him if he would get a gaming PC. He said yes but only if it was under $1000

Could you please look at this and tell me what you think?

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/2rWdL

PC will be used for gaming and the budget is $1000 NZD max (roughly USD $815)

Many thanks

That is very expensive for a case in that price range. Personally I would get a cheaper case and w/ money saved get a small SSD (30-60gb) for Windows and important programs, no games because they most likely won't fit.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Grab an 8320, WD Blue, Corsair 200r case, 2 x 4gb ram, r9 270 gpu and wtf is with that windows price? For that you could get win 8. 

Is he really ready to commit to pc gaming? Actually, just grab a card that comes with the most games and take those as payment haha

8320 @ 4.3ghz l Gigabyte 970a Ud3 l Hyper 212 Evo l R9 290 l 8gb RAM 1866 Vengeance l 1tb WD Black l 120gb Samsung Evo SSD l HX750 Gold PSU l 500d Arctic Case l Windows 8 OS l K65 and Blackwidow Keyboard l M65 and DeathAdder 2013 l Qck Steelseries l 24in Vizio Monitor 1080p

Grab an 8320, WD Blue, Corsair 200r case, 2 x 4gb ram, r9 270 gpu and wtf is with that windows price? For that you could get win 8. 

Is he really ready to commit to pc gaming? Actually, just grab a card that comes with the most games and take those as payment haha

did u even look at the prices in nz there so retarded and messed up theres no way he could get that for $1000

Edit nvm he could lol get what he said

A dual core would just be terrible for any kind of modern gaming, really.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/2rZQT That equals $1000 but I still have to get a power supply and a copy of Windows.

Also I think he will prefer windows 7 over windows 8. He has never used 8 before and would be more at home with 7

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Looks very good. Thank you

Steam