Unable to boot Windows 10 on newly-built Ryzen PC

beezischillin
Go to solution Solved by Tabs,

What version of Windows 10 was used to create the USB drive? You'll want 1709 at minimum for Ryzen, but preferably 1803 for Ryzen 2000 series chips.

Hey peeps,

I am in a bit of a pickle and I need some help.

I built a Ryzen 2700X-based system today, relevant specs as follows:

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero Wifi motherboard

3x Intel Sata SSDs

5x WD hdds

1x Samsung Evo 970 m.2 ssd

The bios has been updated to the latest version.

I had a struggle trying to get Windows 10 to boot on this thing. I first switched it to raid mode and added the 3 Intel drives to a Raid 0 array. I was able to install Windows 10 on the m.2 drive then but only because it didn't have raid drivers so it refused to recognise any of my sata drives. I saw that I have to reinstall Windows so I got a copy of the driver on the USB drive and promptly loaded them and reinstalled Windows. On first boot it bluescreened with INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I tried a combination of the drivers from the AMD site, from the Asus site. Neither of them worked.

Afterwards I decided to try booting it in AHCI mode and maybe use Windows Storage Spaces for the same effect. I set it to AHCI mode, reinstalled Windows and I get the same result: bluescreen complaining about the boot device

I tried turning the CSM to off and installing Windows that way in AHCI mode. No success.

Please offer me advice as I don't know what to do. Right now I'm sitting on a $3000 brick that has pretty rgb lights.

What version of Windows 10 was used to create the USB drive? You'll want 1709 at minimum for Ryzen, but preferably 1803 for Ryzen 2000 series chips.

Thank you for the replies, I got a consumer version ISO from my MSDN account, created a bootable USB off that.

set NVMe raid to on and SATA raid to on and then loaded the SATA RAID version of the drivers from AMD's site during install. That seems to have done it.

Seems like a newer version of windows + turning both raids on has done the trick!

I struggled with this for hours, you can't believe how relieved I am now.