New case for AiO liquid cooling

Hey guys,

since I'm going to get a NZXT Kraken X60 somewhere around january and my current case (Sharkoon T9 Value) won't really fit it (I cut out 2 140mm fan holes - would have to mount the fans outside),

I've started thinking about switching it. While I'm at it, I remembered having a lot of problems with cablemanagement and airflow in this case and since I want to get 2 NZXT Kraken G10 for my graphicscards later next year I need at least one additional fan-mount on the bottom of the case.

So what I'll need is:

• 2x 140mm top fan-mount
  • support for NZXT Kraken X60 radiator
  • 1x 120/140mm rear fan-mount (later used for G10 radiator like a Corsair H55)
  • 1x 120/140mm bottom fan-mount (later used for G10 radiator like a Corsair H55)
  • 2x 120/140mm front fan-mount (alternatively on the side - storage and airflow)

Since I want to reuse my cathodes (red) and maybe get some LED-stripes I want a case with a window.

The one I've come across, meeting these is the CM Storm Trooper SGC-5000-KWN1.

But I'm not so sure about it. What are your thoughts?

Kind regards,

Trek

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

+2 for Arc Midi R2. It looks delicious. 

My Stuff! :D

My Stuff
  • Main Build - Soon to change due to it being dead
  • 4790k @ 4.7Ghz
  • Corsair 750D
  • Swiftech H320
  • MSI Z97s SLI
  • 7950 Vapor-X
  • 16GB Corsair Vengance  Blue LP 1600Mhz 
  • 120GB Samsung 840
  • 2TB Seagate Barracuda
  • Corsair HX750
  •  
  • ​Peripherals
  • Logitech G700s
  • Bitfenix, Corsair, and Darkside cable extensions
  • Das Professional with Cherry MX Brown's & Custom Keycaps
  • 3x ASUS VS238H-P w/ Triple monitor mount in PLP
  • AudioTechnica ATH-M50's 
  • Blue Yeti Microphone
  • TurtleBeach PX3 Wireless
  • Logitech C920 Webcam 
  • Precision Audio Bookshelf Speakers 
  • AudioSource AMP-100
  • Logitech G27 Racing setup
  •  
  • Laptop - Acer 7750G-9855
  • i7 2630QM
  • AMD 6650M GPU
  • 120GB Samsung 840 EVO
  • 8GB RAM
  • Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 
  • Blu-ray Drive
  •  
  • Netbook - HP Pavillion DM1
  • AMD E-450 APU
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500gb HDD
  • Cell Phone - OnePlus One 
  • 5.5-inch 1080p Screen
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor @2.5Ghz
  • 13 Megapixel rear camera
  • 5 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
  • 3100 mAh non-removal battery
  • AC wifi
  • Cell Phone #2 - Nexus 5
  • 5 Inch 1080p Screen
  • Snapdragon 800
  • 8 megapixel rear camera
  • 1.3 megapixel front camera
  • 2300 mAh non-removable battery
  • AC wifi
  • Upgrades for 2014
  • GTX 970
  • i7 4690k
  • 16gb RAM 
  • 1x 1440 or 1600p Monitor 
  • Das Mechanical Keyboard

+3 i own both versions of the fractal arc midi

will handle a lot of options and upgrades.

Arc Midi R2

+1, it supports all of them, H220, H100i, H80i, H110, H90, X40, X60 etc etc. It also has generally awesome watercooling possibilities ( see http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38233-arc-under-water-bitspower-ek-and-alphacool-deliciousness/ ). And is a well priced case :D I own it and recommend it  

+2 for Arc Midi R2. It looks delicious. 

+3 i own both versions of the fractal arc midi

will handle a lot of options and upgrades.

Well I've looked into it and actually it looks good but according to NZXT and Fractal themselfes it doesn't support the X60 and I'm not sure if I really should go for another Midi-Tower when my current one is almost overfilled with SLI, HDDs, SSD, cables, etc.

I also looked into building a custom loop instead of 3 AiO-units but it easily doubles the cost (~900€) and doesn't let me upgrade my GPUs without new waterblocks, like the G10 approach does.

And since the GPU-upgrade is planned for mai (high-end GTX800-series) it's not that great of an idea.

And since a CM Cosmos 2 is way too expensive, I guess I'll stick with the Trooper.

But thanks for your recommendations! :D

Bitfenix Phenom M White | ASUS RoG Maximus VIII Gene | Intel i7 6700K @4.6GHz | HyperX Savage 2800MHz CL14 DDR4 16GB | EVGA GTX1080 SC | Intel 750 Series PCIe SSD 400GB | EVGA SuperNova G2 550W | Windows 10 Professional x64 | Logitech G900, Corsair K70 RGB MXbrown O-ringed, BeyerDynamic DT880 (600 Ω) on Fiio E10K & Samson Meteor | Dell U2715H 27", Samsung SyncMaster P2450H 24", Samsung SyncMaster 931BF 19" | DIY Ambilight

Well I've looked into it and actually it looks good but according to NZXT and Fractal themselfes it doesn't support the X60 and I'm not sure if I really should go for another Midi-Tower when my current one is almost overfilled with SLI, HDDs, SSD, cables, etc.

I also looked into building a custom loop instead of 3 AiO-units but it easily doubles the cost (~900€) and doesn't let me upgrade my GPUs without new waterblocks, like the G10 approach does.

And since the GPU-upgrade is planned for mai (high-end GTX800-series) it's not that great of an idea.

And since a CM Cosmos 2 is way too expensive, I guess I'll stick with the Trooper.

But thanks for your recommendations!

umm dunna know what peeps are saying those comment but here ya go:

gbZ0Pl8.jpg

http://cevo.com/forums/topic/3574/battlefield-4/post-your-setups/5/

350x700px-LL-959f23fa_IMG_0780.jpeg

http://www.overclock.net/t/1343837/the-kraken-x60/80_80#post_19034174

NZXT only goes by what customers submit, not by actual fitting the product themselves.

as the same for fractal, going by what forums post and verifiable submissions. fractal

does not support E-ATX motherboards, but

for a cheap liquid solution (if NZXT supports your GPU)

x60 in the roof and 2x G10/H55 in the front panel

umm dunna know what peeps are saying those comment but here ya go:

gbZ0Pl8.jpg

http://cevo.com/forums/topic/3574/battlefield-4/post-your-setups/5/

350x700px-LL-959f23fa_IMG_0780.jpeg

http://www.overclock.net/t/1343837/the-kraken-x60/80_80#post_19034174

NZXT only goes by what customers submit, not by actual fitting the product themselves.

as the same for fractal, going by what forums post and verifiable submissions. fractal

does not support E-ATX motherboards, but

attachicon.gif1024 x 07-11-2012 Arc Midi w-ASUS Maximus IV-Extreme Corsair H100 006.jpg

for a cheap liquid solution (if NZXT supports your GPU)

x60 in the roof and 2x G10/H55 in the front panel

OMG seems like I found my case :D However there's one more thing I need to confirm.

Has anybody some pictures of red LED-fans in the top and front slots? I need to know if they can shine through the mash, otherwise I need to get some LEDs or cathodes on there since I want it to glow in almost every direction :D

OMG seems like I found my case :D However there's one more thing I need to confirm.

Has anybody some pictures of red LED-fans in the top and front slots? I need to know if they can shine through the mash, otherwise I need to get some LEDs or cathodes on there since I want it to glow in almost every direction :D

i hadn't seen pix that shine through when the air filter foam is installed. i'd try with some

bitfenix spectre pro and was very, very washed out and almost un-noticeable. but without

the foam filter, could be annoyingly bright. would install filters on backside of fan to keep

dust bunnies to a minimum.

I could see the white of the stock fan (just bearly but you could tell it was white) through the mesh, I imagine that there is no problem with something like a Bitfenix spectre pro shining through

i hadn't seen pix that shine through when the air filter foam is installed. i'd try with some

bitfenix spectre pro and was very, very washed out and almost un-noticeable. but without

the foam filter, could be annoyingly bright. would install filters on backside of fan to keep

dust bunnies to a minimum.

I could see the white of the stock fan (just bearly but you could tell it was white) through the mesh, I imagine that there is no problem with something like a Bitfenix spectre pro shining through

Well I found some pictures of Enermax Vegas fans by now that shine through real bright and I have to admit that I like that.

I guess I'll go all 140mm so it will be H90's or Kraken X40's for the G10's in the front.

Only thing left is which 140mm static pressure fan I'm gonna go with.. I want red LED so Noctua and Noiseblocker are out of the question.

I'm thinking about these Vegas (Enermax T.B. Vegas Duo 140mm) or BitFenix Spectre Pro 140mm but I can't really decide.

The fans will be mounted directly to the case so the LEDs will shine through so it will be 1x 280mm rad (top) in Pull and 2x 140mm rads (front) in Push.

Any suggestions?

Well I found some pictures of Enermax Vegas fans by now that shine through real bright and I have to admit that I like that.

I guess I'll go all 140mm so it will be H90's or Kraken X40's for the G10's in the front.

Only thing left is which 140mm static pressure fan I'm gonna go with.. I want red LED so Noctua and Noiseblocker are out of the question.

I'm thinking about these Vegas (Enermax T.B. Vegas Duo 140mm) or BitFenix Spectre Pro 140mm but I can't really decide.

The fans will be mounted directly to the case so the LEDs will shine through so it will be 1x 280mm rad (top) in Pull and 2x 140mm rads (front) in Push.

Any suggestions?

I'm not familiar with Enermax fans, but I've seen quite a few people using spectre Pro fans on radiators and they also have a nice LED lighting effect combined with good static pressure